New notebooks disappear from the list

I have a very strange problem. Its not only on my ipad but also on my fellow students ipad with evernote.

When i create a new notebook i get into the notebook. But if i dont create a new note the notebook disappears from the list of notebooks while still taking up the name.

If i do however create a note while the notebook is active it stays in the list.

Why is my notebooks disappearing ?

I´ve included a few photos of the problem

Here you can see that the notebook link shows as containing 5 books

http://imgur.com/FAWRvFE

Here you see the content of the notebook page as only containing 3 books (last one being the trashcan)

Anyone able to help me clarify this problem ?

I've logged on with a similar question. Twice now, I've created new notebooks, only to find that Penultimate must not be recognizing my account as all other notebooks weren't there and it looked like a clean slate. I created a notebook ("customer") at an event, took notes, then got back home and opened Penultimate to find that all of my previously existing notebooks appeared but the new one did not. And I'm not able to find it and search doesn't turn it up.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I am again out at an event, go to create a notebook and the "customer" notebook is now the only one surfacing. So it seems like there are 2 instances of Penultimate on my iPad, one with these 2 phantom notebooks (when Penultimate isn't loading my usual account) and one with all my other synced notebooks. I cannot figure out how to get the 2 phantom notebooks to resurface. I've tried logging out to see if the app just wasn't logging in and somehow allowed me to create it outside of my account. No dice.

Any help?

I was having the same (or a similar) problem. Creating a "test" note in an otherwise empty new notebook caused the notebook to appear. Specifically, I needed to add a new note to "Actions Completed" before I could see "Actions Completed" in the appropriate stack, and before I could move items from "Actions Pending" to "Actions Completed." It's an odd quirk.

Same problem here. Creating new notebook on iPhone. Then I go to transfer a file to it only to find the notebook has disappeared. If I try and create the notebook again with the same name it tells me that the name must be unique, indicating it has been saved somewhere. I simply can't locate it.

I've tried making a few more notebooks but each time same thing happens. :(

I am having the same problem. New notebooks disappear from the list, but, when I try to recreate, I get an error message saying the name must be unique. I also noticed that the number after notebooks on the home page indicates one more notebook than is actually on the list. So it seems that the notebook is in there somewhere but not showing on the list.

• Level 5*

This same issue is being reported in another thread:

This looks like a BUG to me.  I just ran a test on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.1 and EN iOS 7.6.1.

I created two new Notebooks, but did NOT put any Notes into either.

I did a manual sync on my iPhone.

Now, I do NOT see these new Notebooks anywhere:

• iPhone
  • EN Mac 5.5.2
  • EN Web

I encourage everyone who is experiencing this behavior to Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Archived