How to copy/paste a selection in a handwritten note on Android Evernote ?

• Level 5*

Not easily.  I did a quick drawing on my Android and couldn't find a way to copy part of the picture.  I could sync it back to my desktop and select and save the picture to my desktop as a PNG file.  Once there I could use picture editing software (could've used Skitch) to edit or crop it down to a smaller section and add that back into a note - but that operation kills the 'handwriting' element,  so it is just a normal picture and can't be edited except in Skitch / other image editors.

• 1 month later...

I was trying to figure out the same thing. Being able to hand write a note and add copy & paste items in that same note is easily done in Samsung's S note app for the Note tablets but I'm trying out a smaller lower end Samsung tablet and I'm finding that Evernote doesn't compare simply because it doesn't have that capability and if it does its cumbersome and difficult to find.

I completely ceased to use handwriting in Evernote. Instead, I use the Papyrus app on my tablet with a capacitive stylus. This app is incredibly good for drawing schemas. It shines when you need to copy/paste parts of your schematics, or resize it. I urge Evernote to buy the Papyrus start-up or to replicate their great drawing tool !

My other tablet and my phone are both Samsung Galaxy Notes so I've been using Papyrus for years. It doesn't work well with this 8.0 galaxy tab 3. So I'm curious about the stylus you speak of...I'll Google it. Are you able to copy and paste in papyrus and is that a premium feature? I would stick to S Note but the tab doesn't have S note capability.

Hi, I use a Dagi stylus p507 on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet. The copy/paste function of Papyrus is not a premium feature. Once you select part of your drawing, you can duplicate it. IMO, using a Galaxy Note tablet is a better choice than using a ''simple'' Galaxy Tab because the built in G Note stylus is more efficient and precise than a capacitive stylus.

I seen that in papyrus you can only copy & paste from a downloaded PDF or from within the app. I need to be able to multiscreen and copy & paste directly from another app or directly from the web and then handwrite my annotations or thoughts. Its the fastest and simplest way for me to get my research done and prepare for my meetings. Most of my information is from a specific website and research app doesn't use PDF...I'm going to just suck up my loss and find a refurbished Note 8.0. In the meantime I'll check out that stylus you are using because I can at least handwrite.

Hi, I would suggest printing your web article in a pdf (I use Pdf Factory for that) and then anotatingein Papyrus (you will have to purchase a license costing a couple of dnllars for this functionality). What I regularly do aswell is do a screen capture on my tablet and then import the image into my Papyrus document. The image import functionality of Papyrus is very handy, letting you crop the part of the screen capture you're interested in.

Archived