OSX Yosmite Everenote Died !

tjghattas

Idea

Hello , 

Evernote suddenly stopped synching "unable to connect" i logged out, and this is what happened : 

1. I could not log in because every time i try to do so, i get " timed out"  or "unable to connect" 

I have uninstalled the application and re-downloaded it and installed it 

1. I could not log in at all ( same Error) 

All my work is on evernote and this is driving me crazy. What is happening . 

Your feedback is much appreciated. 

Thank you 

6 replies to this idea

Yes, my iMac has stopped syncing too. But I have not tried logging out..

Evernote 5.6.2

Further: Downloading sync works OK still. Its just not syncing changes on the Imac up to the web..

My Windows laptop is working OK.

Problem solved ! 

This is what i did , because i realized that APPSTORE was not connecting neither . and i had moved from beirut to madrid. 

so here is what i did : 

Creating a new Network Location can assist in isolating potential Network Preference issues. 

Making new locations

Instead of just using the "Automatic" location, you can also create different "locations" in which different ports are active. A "Mobile" location could make only your AirPort connection active, and a "Desk" location could make only your Ethernet port active. 

Follow these steps to make a new location: 

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
  2. Choose Network from the View menu.
  3. Choose Edit Locations... from the Location menu.
  4. Click the + icon to add a new location.  
  5. Type a name for your new location, such as Mobile, then click Done. The name of your new location appears in the Location menu. Any changes you make to the Network pane now apply to this location. The previous location ("Automatic" by default) will remain as you left it.
  6. If you want to disable a specific network port for this location, highlight the port, then click the Action Gear. Then, select "Make Service Inactive." Repeat this step for each port you want to disable in the new location. 
  7. Select the port(s) you want to configure in the new location, and set them up as desired. Each port is set up as its own Internet or network connection. If you need any help setting up for the Internet, see these articles:
  8. When finished, click Apply Now.
  9. Close the System Preferences window.

Switching between locations

Once you have created locations, you may quickly switch between them by using the Location submenu of the Apple menu. Or, you can change the Location menu in the Network pane of System Preferences and then click Apply Now.

I have discovered that new notes are syncing up to the web OK now (not sure if my restart halped), but my resizing problem still exists with pages where I have not used 'simplify formatting'.

Lucky to have a Windows machine by my side to try various things :)

Archived