Web Beta Release Notes - 10/31

nanphan

Idea

Hi everyone, 

Here's a quick rundown of features that were added to the web beta in last night's release. 

• Work Chat - Send messages to share notes and discuss things you’re working on without leaving Evernote.
    • Send messages to other Evernote users
    • View who is actively viewing at a particular note
    • Share notes
  • Reminders
    • View reminders and mark as done
    • Change reminder dates
    • Add / remove reminders on a note
    • Drag and drop to reorder is not supported
  • Email a note
    • Autocomplete emails and Gmail support

We'll continue to add new functionality and fix your reported bugs each week, so check back in this forum regularly for updates.

- Nancy 

8 replies to this idea

Jack, Nancy, or someone on the team,

Could you please help us out with what we need to report and what not?

I agree with Phil & Chinarut that some kind of bug tracking system that only beta testers can post to would be most helpful. Even if you limit just to the small group who are in the private beta test group and continue to help test on the public beta.

We want to help! That is why we do this. But I feel I am repeatedly reporting the same issues!! And frankly, my time is worth more than that!!

1. When creating a new note using Command/Option/Control/N - the main Evernote window opens up behind the new note . . . every single time - occluding the whatever screen(s) are open on the desktop.
    • This forces the user to stop what they are doing, manually close or minimize the Evernote main window yet again, and then pick up their thoughts where they were, and finally to type something in the new note.
    • This continued issue is a big enough problem for me that I have started using text edit instead of Evernote!! At least there I can make outlines and lists on the fly.
    • QuickNote does NOT replace the new note function because it is too limited; for instance there is no way to put in lists, or any of the other features in a normal new note.
  2. Checks in check boxes still hard to see.
    • Could you at least make them darker gray?
    • I am assuming this design has something to do with the app you have designed for Apple watch.

Hello!

Slowly I'm getting used to the new interface.

But there are some  problems I have with it:

• Source Link
    Evernote stores the source URL of webclips. That's very important for me! And it's still there, but to see it, I have to click a small (i) ... and after that, I can't click it to browse to it. There's only the possiblity to edit it. So I have to copy it, open a new browser tab and insert it into the url field of my browser.
  • GPS data
    This may be something special. I use Evernote to keep a database of places I want to visit (for taking images). I store all this locations with gps coordinates in Evernote. In the web beta this functionaltity is completly missing. I can't enter the coordinates. When I enter them in the old interface, the web beta shows them (again hiden behind the small (i)), but I can't edit them. And a click on them doesn't do anything... would be nice, if it would take me to Google Maps (Bing Maps, what ever).

The ability to keep GPS coordinates as Metadata is the one thing, that realy keeps me at Evernote. Note taking can be done in many applications, but keeping some Metadata made Evernote outstanding for me!

evernote01.png

• "Gray boxes"
    Some of them are very light! Even to light, I have problems to see them on my screen! Please use a slightly darker shade of gray!

For me, Evernote is about keeping, managing and finding information. But Evernote starts to hide more and more information in favour of a "clean and modern" design.

evernote00.png

Bye

Marcus (aka Tiggr)

Still seems to be a lot of irritation around with this new web version.

But, at the moment at least, nobody is being forced to use it. Anyone can go back to the old version to get all the functionality they are missing in the new one.

Until the new version has all the key functionality of the old, that should be the case. 

It is important that the Evernote team acknowledge the requests that are being made so that forum users don't feel that they are simply throwing a stone into a bottomless well every time that they post. Indeed, why not publish a list of intentions? (Apologies if that has already been done.) 

I continue to like the new version whilst understanding the concerns being expressed on the forum.

Thank you everyone for the feedback on the Beta thus far.  We understand it can sometimes be frustrating to use a Beta product because not all the features have been fully implemented yet.  Thank you for your time and patience.  Please continue to keep the feedback coming.  Feel free to add comments into Web Beta Feature Request forum topic located here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/68881-web-beta-feature-requests/ .

We will continue to take feedback into consideration as we continue to build out the product and add more functionality over time.  

- Nancy 

Jack, Nancy, or someone on the team,

Could you please help us out with what we need to report and what not?

I agree with Phil & Chinarut that some kind of bug tracking system that only beta testers can post to would be most helpful. Even if you limit just to the small group who are in the private beta test group and continue to help test on the public beta.

Thanks for all of the help so far Viv.  Unfortunately, we don't have support for a public bug tracking system right now.  To answer your question, we would appreciate reporting of bugs related to features that we expect to be working per the Web Clients Release notes.  If you find features aren't working as expected in your everyday use let us know.  We are aware of which features are missing, however, if there are some scenarios that you frequent daily that aren't being supported or being made more difficult by the new design we'd be interested in hearing them too.  

- Nancy 

@Nancy, where is the correct place to post for Mac 5.7.0 (451010)? Hmmm is that actually the regular public released version now?

The issues I mentioned above are on the Mac. They were issues in the private beta and do not appear to have been addressed.

I really do not use the web client a whole lot so have never volunteered to be part of that beta group.

Thanks,

Viv Ilo

• Level 5*

@Nancy, where is the correct place to post for Mac 5.7.0 (451010)? Hmmm is that actually the regular public released version now?

The issues I mentioned above are on the Mac. They were issues in the private beta and do not appear to have been addressed.

I really do not use the web client a whole lot so have never volunteered to be part of that beta group.

Thanks,

Viv Ilo

The forum is the Evernote Forum, the one that's for client-specific issues and under Evernote Products, select Evernote. There's also currently a Mac 5.7 topic already started; it's pinned to the top of that forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/72724-evernote-for-mac-57-released/

Archived