How to do a data backup?

Hi guys, thanks for reading. I wonder if there is a way to back up my Evernote data, in case some tragedy happens, and I lost all my notes. (I would cry). :lol: 
Is there some method to have all your data safe? I have read cases when people lose like months of data because some weird bug. Is there a defense against that? Thanks!

• Level 5

For Windows client, I backup the .exb file on a regular basis. I keep several recent copies, just in case.

I also have an online backup service keep the most current version off site.

On my computer the .exb file is stored in a directory than looks like this:

c:/Users/myname/AppData/Local/Evernote/Evernote/Databases/

For Windows client, I backup the .exb file on a regular basis. I keep several recent copies, just in case.

Thanks man, so I only have to copy that .exb file to another safe folder on a regular basis , and thats all right? :D

• Level 5

Thanks man, so I only have to copy that .exb file to another safe folder on a regular basis , and thats all right? :D

Yes. It is much easier with Windows. I have rebuilt my Evernote database several times over the years and that is the only file needed (for Windows Evernote). Even though the .exb file is the only file I need to restore Evernote, to make the process easier, I just copy the entire Databases folder. 

Yes. It is much easier with Windows. I have rebuilt my Evernote database several times over the years and that is the only file needed (for Windows Evernote). Even though the .exb file is the only file I need to restore Evernote, to make the process easier, I just copy the entire Databases folder. 

Great, now I can sleep better. Doing it right now. Thanks again.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It would obviously be great if you can find a dedicated backup software for having your data backed up. I can understand how worried you must have been regarding the entire issue but glad that you found help. I did find myself in a similar kind of situation when I had loads of data and nowhere to store. I came across an offsite backup solution: http://www.storagepipe.com/services/online-backup-and-recovery-service/ fromStoragepipe solutions which serves it's purpose well. I believe it has a recovery feature as well so that you wouldn't have to worry about lost data. 

• 8 months later...
On 31/10/2014 at 11:58 PM, dantinap said:

Hi guys, thanks for reading. I wonder if there is a way to back up my Evernote data, in case some tragedy happens, and I lost all my notes. (I would cry). :lol: 
Is there some method to have all your data safe? I have read cases when people lose like months of data because some weird bug. Is there a defense against that? Thanks!

you can backup evernote with Acronis True Image. The latest version also offers additional features. You can read a review here, then you decide. http://www.acronisdiscount.com/acronis-true-image-review/   Best

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, eveeve said:

The android device data transfer was a long question, i think it's very convenient to use a mobile phone file transfer and backup app to help. Try Coolmuster Android Assistant, just few simple steps to transfer everything from your phone to computer.

The thing is, Evernote is a cloud service, with the master version of your notes stored on the Evernote servers.

As part of this service, copies of your notes are synced to your various devices.

The Windows/Mac platforms keep a full copy of your notes; the mobile platforms keep a minimum amount of data (exception with offline notebooks).  You can see this with the data space used, your notes can be a total 3GB, and your device shows 200MB.

The only info stored on your device is note headers.  When you look at a note, Evernote accesses the servers and retrieves your note.

So, if it's a mobile device, you are not backing up your Evernote data.

Archived