Clipping cuts article off

PaulAdams

When i clip an article (a part of a web page), it is clipped correctly, but when i try and view it within evernote, it is only displayed in a very small window - perhaps 3 or 4 lines and there is no scroll bar to see the rest.

I know the rest IS there, because if i try and select text and move the mouse down I am able to - in effect - "scroll".

Any thoughts on what the problem is?

So it's not just me.  :)

I've seen this behavior for quite a while. I wish Evernote had a better editor. Some times stuff I copy from web pages just looks plain BAD, and there is nothing I can do in the editor to fix these formatting glitches. Would it be too much to ask for us to get a "source view" of our notes when they are brought in from HTML? 

• Level 5*

Desktop users can always export to .ENEX format to see the markup used in their notes.

If you have problematic web sites, you should report them to Evernote, either here (JBignert is pretty responsive in the web clipper subforum) or via a support request.

• 3 weeks later...

I've logged this with Evernote support and had some interesting and suprising results.

1. It may be an issue with individual web sites and firefox

2. if clipped using Chrome it works correctly (apparently)

3. If you clip the note and it doesnt look right, sharing to a URL and viewing then displays it correctly

I believe this issue has now been logged with the tech team so it may be fixed in the future.

• 6 months later...

What a ***** joke that this is actually an issue that has existed for more than a week. This is a CRITICAL LEVEL BUG. It makes the extension COMPLETELY ***** WORTHLESS.

I really need to find something with some developers that are about 9 times better than the ones at Evernote because that's about how much is needed for a basic level of software development competency.

Archived