Help! My note data is all gone

Pls help!!

I have been using Evernote on my Android phone for jotting down my recent travel.

Yes, I'm still in the midst of travelling and my travel journal for the past 4 days are gone.

Not deleted in trash, but just an empty note.

Today, all of the sudden, the note data was gone as it said something along the line "wrong formatting" with an exclamation mark sign. 

It then popped out a dialog box to ask whether to remove the formatting which I clicked "yes".

Then the note became empty.

I am really lost and disappointed with Evernote. 

I tried to google for solution but to no avail.

Wanted to email the support staff but the service is only for premium customer.

I really regret using Evernote to jot down important note.

If this can't be solved, I will just uninstall this app and delete my account.

A waste of my time if my notes can just disappear like this.

A little troubleshooting: 

• Were all of your travel notes from the last 4 days in one note?
  • Have you at any time in the previous days connected to WiFi and synced your Android client? 
  • Have you checked on the web/ desktop client to see if you have anything there?

If at any time during the last couple of days you have synced your data, there may be only one way to get your data back: 

• First of all, do not delete the empty note/ empty trash 
  • I imagine your data is worth quite a lot to you, so...Failing any other solution, I would sign up for Evernote premium... just for a month (about $5).This way you would have access to a feature called "Note History", accessible on at least the desktop client. Your currently empty note would have to at least have been synced previously, in which case that empty note would still be present and visible on the web client. You'll need to sync to a desktop client, locate that note... and under information for that note, click on note history... and you should see at least one previous version of the note backed up to Evernote servers, which you can restore. Restore the most recent one... If nothing still, keep going further back depending on how many notes you have in that list under their dates for the last few days. A new note will be created for each note you want to restore.
  • Another thing... check your notebook list for a notebook called "Conflicting Changes" which Evernote automatically creates for you when you have simultaneously edited a note on another client. Probably not the case here... but I don't know if you've only accessed that note on your Android recently.

Pending the outcome and a possible solution, you might want to check back in the future for suggestions on how to prevent that scenario. Personally, I have not come up against a "Wrong formatting" warning before... but those are the steps I would try, whether you continue with Evernote or not.

I've been using Evernote on and off for a couple of years.  Just a few minutes ago, I was moving a note from one notebook to another.  The heading moved, but the content did not.  It's gone, and there's nothing in the trash folder.  Since I don't have Premium, I guess I'm out of luck.  It wasn't an important note, but this is disturbing. 

• Level 5*

I've been using Evernote on and off for a couple of years.  Just a few minutes ago, I was moving a note from one notebook to another.  The heading moved, but the content did not.  It's gone, and there's nothing in the trash folder.  Since I don't have Premium, I guess I'm out of luck.  It wasn't an important note, but this is disturbing. 

Do you also use Android?  Have you checked the status of your note via the web client?

Archived