How does android sync with computer?

JanetP

I just installed Evernote yesterday on my android phone and want to be in sync with my laptop (windows 8).  I installed on the computer but I can't figure out how these two know about each other to get in sync. I never consciously signed in on my android phone.  But on my computer I created an account.  My phone makes me do everything in Google so I think my gmail account is assigned. But I never use that email so when I created an account on my computer I used my Yahoo mail.  I even tried to change the account on my computer to use the gmail account but it said that was already being used (of course, by me).  Now i don't know what to do to have the same sign in on both.

• Level 5*

Everything syncs through the Evernote server; the server is the hub, and your devices are the spokes. Your Android device syncs to the servers, and so does your computer, They know each other because you log in with the same account name and password, on all devices.

Sorry.  I guess I didn't make myself clear.  I never created a sign in on my android but I see my gmail account is assigned.  On my computer my Yahoo mail is assigned.  I assume these are my IDs.  I cannot change my account on my computer now from the Yahoo to my Gmail because it says that ID is being used.

• Level 5*

In your desktop Evernote use File > Sign Out to exit your current session,  and when the login box appears,  try your Google account details.  Or you could do the same on your phone and log into Yahoo.  At the moment it appears you have two separate devices talking to two separate accounts.  Join them both to one account and wonderful things should start to happen...

Good things did happen!  When I signed out of my android, Evernote it told me I didn't have an ID and password set up.  So that's when I did finally set it up.  Before I just assumed it was the same as my google account. Then I signed on on my computer using that ID and PW and all is well.  Thank you so much for your help!

Archived