Evernote web: cannot open the pdf files

Evernote Pro version

Good morning folks,

I like the new web application and would like to use it more but unfortunately, I cannot open the pdf files. I deleted adobe pdf reader from my computer a long time ago and my default pdf reader is FileCenter. Do you think it is because of that? If yes, how can I set up the default app on Firefox?

Thank you

• Level 5*

I'm sure there are browser-based PDF readers,  or you could install the desktop version and open the note there - that comes with its own PDF reader.  Plus the new web version is a beta with more functionality to be added,  so it might get future extras...

Thanks Gazumped

I have the desktop version too but I like the new web based app and would like to use more. I need to know if it is a problem with my computer or if it is like this for all Windows 7 computers with the beta version.

• Level 5*

Hmmmnn.  Congratulations,  I think you found a bug.  I just looked at one of my notes in the old version of Evernote Web and found I can't open PDF's either.  I suggest a support request (see below) headed "Bug!"

The desktop version works fine,  and I don't use the web version normally...

Is there a user here having the same problem?

Yes, I'm seeing the same problem.

I'm able to access my notebooks, from a business client's work site (where I am obliged to use IE 9 and cannot install the Evernote Windows application). But all my PDF attachments are inaccessible, from Evernote's web client. I click on the icon for the PDF attachment and Evernote only displays its formatting bar.

I see, if instead I choose to share by email the note (the note which contains the PDF files), the note that is received includes the PDF documents as email attachments.

I like the new web application and would like to use it more but unfortunately, I cannot open the pdf files. I deleted adobe pdf reader from my computer a long time ago and my default pdf reader is FileCenter

• Level 5*

Yes folks,  there's a problem.  Especially if you deleted the software from you device that canread PDFs.  If in doubt submit a support request.  (See below)  And in the meantime get Adobe Reader or something compatible...

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 23/03/2017 at 8:59 PM, Patobrien said:

I am unable to open any PDF files on Mac iPhone or iPad I really am in trouble here come on Evernote get it sorted 

If you have apps on any or all of these devices that can read PDF files,  what happens when you try to open one?  And for tech support (we're a -mainly- user supported forum) you should contact Support if you're a paying customer or tweet them if not..  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• 2 years later...