Internal Database Error Mac Yosemite

rapope001

Idea

I strateed getting internal database errors under Mac Yosemite 10.10 (Evernote v5.5.1).  I tried to rebuild from my onlne backup and it fails each time with the same error.

I performed Windows (Win 8.1 Pro) install from the same online database and it works fine.  The Mac is unable to get past the internal database error.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled with the same result: failuire.  I have checked my iPhone but not my iPad.  The iPhone is OK (as I would have expected). 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rocky

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Some Mac issues are difficult to fix due to the App Store taking a while to approve new version of software.  It's always best to install direct from Evernote to ensure that you have the latest version of any software.

To do that on a Mac..

* Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
* Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.
* Restart your computer
* Download and re-install Evernote from evernote.com/download

• Level 5*

Some Mac issues are difficult to fix due to the App Store taking a while to approve new version of software.  It's always best to install direct from Evernote to ensure that you have the latest version of any software.

To do that on a Mac..

* Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

* Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.

* Restart your computer

* Download and re-install Evernote from evernote.com/download

Gaz, if you are going to suggest a complete uninstall, you MUST also provide instructions on how to export/save any LOCAL Notebooks that the user might have BEFORE the uninstall.  Otherwise, the Local NBs will be lost.

Archived