Why Use the Web Version

dbvirago

Idea

Reading some threads under this topic reminded me of something I have wondered about for some time. Why does anyone use the web version? What are the pros/cons? I've been a user for 4 years and premium for 2. I use the Windows version on my laptop and Android on phone and tablet. I've probably been to the web version a dozen times. 

Just wondering. 

Meanwhile, just checked out the Web Beta. Very clean and on first blush, useless. If I spent more time on it, I'm sure I would adapt, but hopefully, recommendations will be taken into account before it flows down to Windows version. 

5 replies to this idea

Reading some threads under this topic reminded me of something I have wondered about for some time. Why does anyone use the web version? What are the pros/cons? I've been a user for 4 years and premium for 2. I use the Windows version on my laptop and Android on phone and tablet. I've probably been to the web version a dozen times. 

Just wondering. 

Meanwhile, just checked out the Web Beta. Very clean and on first blush, useless. If I spent more time on it, I'm sure I would adapt, but hopefully, recommendations will be taken into account before it flows down to Windows version.

1. Maybe I'm using someone else's computer or a hotel computer.

2. Maybe I'm using linux.

3. Maybe my account is so large that the iOS and Windows desktop clients are unusable (my case).

4. Maybe I have multiple accounts & use one on the desktop client & the other on the web client

(for starters)

The web client is better than it used to be, but it is not as robust as the Windows desktop client.

• Level 5*

I have two accounts, one for work and one personal, and though I have shared notebooks between them, sometimes I want to do some maintenance on the other one, and for that I can usually use the web version.

I work at several different locations on employer's machines and use the web version since I can't (and don't want to) install my Evernote data on those machines.  I also use a Chromebook and Chromebox and my main personal computers and use the web version through them. 

Archived