DUPLICATING ENTRIES INTO EVENOTE IN TWO COMPUTERS

I have two computers at home. An old one to be phased out in the distant future.  And one new computer.  They both have Evernote installe . Most entries are duplicated already in both computer when I first transferred data to the new computer.  How can I now make a single entry of a new note into Evernote in one computer and have it appear also in Evenote in the other computer?

Paul Condylis

• Level 5*

A new note on one computer will sync to the other if you have EN set up on both computers with the same account and you manually sync or have auto sync enabled.  Your mention of duplicates begs the question of how did you get your data on the second machine.  Did you copy the EXB from one machine to the other, or did you set up EN and let your notes download to the second machine? 

• Level 5*

I have two computers at home. An old one to be phased out in the distant future.  And one new computer.  They both have Evernote installe . Most entries are duplicated already in both computer when I first transferred data to the new computer.  How can I now make a single entry of a new note into Evernote in one computer and have it appear also in Evenote in the other computer?

Paul Condylis

Paul, to be clear, the Evernote sync is between each device and the Evernote Cloud.  So, in order for new notes and changes made on one PC to show up on your other PC, you will need to do a sync on BOTH PCs.

EN-Sync-Diagram.gif

• 1 year later...

Where did my notebooks go?  I had several notebooks and yesterday added about 2 new pdfs (through scanbot on my phone) tagged them on my computer (macbook pro). I just recently started using Evernote and a few weeks ago had scanned in a couple pdfs and tagged them the same way so I don't have much there yet.  Last night when I went back to evernote on my macbook, my notebook and notes are missing except for the very first note I scanned in in June.  When I sign in to Evernote on my iPad, the notebooks/notes are all showing up.  Any ideas why they disappeared from my laptop?

• Level 5*

Check you username/password.  Sometimes second accounts are accidentally created.  Log out of each device and log back in, check out the web as well.  

If not the case, you can submit a trouble ticket.

Archived