Notebook stacks spontaneously generate themselves

Regularly I find notebook stacks with a couple of random notebooks nested sitting in my Notebooks. I definitely haven't created them.

I drag the notebooks out to the general root and the stacks evaporate but some days late sure enough more notebook stacks with other random notebooks grouped within.

There seems no pattern to it - the notebooks are not neccesarily ones I am using.

I have various versions of evernote on several computers and devices but none of them have notebook stacks setup.

It's not a serious problem just a niggling annoyance.

Any ideas what is causing it and / or about a cure?

• Level 5*

.............I have various versions of evernote on several computers and devices (snip)

When you see these anomalous stacks do you ever check the web version of your notes by logging in via Evernote.com?  Does it ever show these random stacks?

Regularly I find notebook stacks with a couple of random notebooks nested sitting in my Notebooks. I definitely haven't created them.

I drag the notebooks out to the general root and the stacks evaporate but some days late sure enough more notebook stacks with other random notebooks grouped within.

There seems no pattern to it - the notebooks are not neccesarily ones I am using.

I have various versions of evernote on several computers and devices but none of them have notebook stacks setup.

It's not a serious problem just a niggling annoyance.

Any ideas what is causing it and / or about a cure?

They do not "spontaneously generate themselves". It's not uncommon to accidentally drag a notebook onto another notebook & that's how stacks are born.

Archived