Delete pictures on Android?

I'm running out of space on my tablet and the gallery is one place to get space.  If I take a picture on my tablet and put it in Evernote, can I delete the picture from my gallery?  Or if I delete the photo in gallery does it also delete in Evernote?

• Level 5*

Nope - if you attach a picture to a note,  it's added to the Evernote database so the Gallery copy isn't required - beware though that the Evernote copy may be a lower resolution version than the original.  If you need an HD picture,  best to upload it to an online drive like DropBox or Google.  And delete it from Gallery

• 1 year later...

Hi. I just wish to confirm and clarify a few points regarding the above question and answer, and the Evernote apps on both Android and iOS:

1. On an Android phone, when taking a picture within the Evernote app while already inside a note (to add it to add to the existing note), that picture automatically gets saved to the Gallery, correct? If I then delete that photo from the gallery, it does not get deleted from Evernote, correct?

2. On an iPad Air, when taking a picture within the Evernote app while already inside a note (to add it to add to the existing note), does that picture also get saved outside of Evenote in the same way it does in the Android app?

Note that for both of the above questions, I am referring to taking a picture while already inside the Evernote app, and not, adding an already taken photo (i.e., from the Gallery, in Android, or from Photos, in iOS).

Confirmation of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello @DanDanDan,

You do bring up some very good points.

When taking a picture from the Evernote application on your Android device, the pictures will automatically save into the note. You can have the pictures save into your gallery by going to the Three dots in the top right corner > Settings > Camera  check Save to photo gallery. This will save the pictures taken with your Evernote application going forward once this is enabled. If you delete the pictures then from that folder/album in your gallery, those pictures will still be associated with those notes.

Evernote for iOS works the same way where you will have to go into the Evernote application and select the gear icon in the top left > Settings > General > Camera > toggle Save Snapshot. This will save into your Camera Roll. If you delete the pictures from the Camera Roll, those pictures will still be associated with those notes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. On iOS after doing this ...

select the gear icon in the top left > Settings > General > Camera > toggle Save Snapshot. This will save into your Camera Roll.

... please confirm the effects of then deleting the photo from Camera Roll.

Archived