Chiggins

Indent a bullet point adds 4 extra spaces

I've been running into this problem a little bit with the web beta while using Google Chrome on both Windows 8.1 and Arch Linux.

If I have a bulleted list, and I want a bullet point to be intented, I hit the tab button per usual. But when I do that, it also adds 4 extra spaces. So I have to delete those four spaces, hoping I don't hit backspace too much and delete the bullet point, and then start typing my note. It's quite annoying having to do this extra step.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

• Like 1

I have just started using the Web Beta, and I've been really frustrated with this tab formatting issue, as the majority of my notes involve lists that have varying levels of indentation. Are there any updates to this issue, or any workarounds?

I have the same problem with Evernote Web, using Linux (Fedora 28) and Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit)

In the new web beta, in Chrome on Windows, i see that using Tab and Shift+Tab indents and undents bullet lists correctly. With respect to normal text (and this includes pseudo lists that use '*' or '-', and also bare checklists), using the Tab key does indeed insert space characters. That's been Evernote's behavior for a long time. No idea whether they have any intention of changing that.