Unable to move Notebook from Location "A" to Location "B"

HaubenTaucher

Hej to all,

in the Web Beta i miss the possibility to move or rearrange a Notebook in it´s structure from "A" to "B".... How can I do this? Or isn´t it implement at this time?

Thanks for answering me...

Best

Rolf

I don't understand what you mean by rearranging a notebooks "structure".  Do you mean the way it's sorted (created date/modified date)? 

(There is no "structure" associated with a notebook.  Sorting applies to the notes in the results pane.  That could be a single notebook or all notes or a subset of all notes or a subset of notes in a notebook or notes with the same tag(s), etc, etc, etc.)

Hej BurgersNFries,

thanks for answering me...

I will try again to explain what I mean:

|

|-----Notebook1

|            |-------------SubNotebook(1A)

|                                     |----------------------Note1 etc.

|            |-------------SubNotebookB(1B)

|-------------SubNotebookC(1C)

|

|-----Notebook2

|            |--------------SubNotebook(2A)

|            |--------------SubNotebook(2B)

etc...

so... how can I move the SubNotebookC(1C) to become a new Home under Notebook2 like

|

|------Notebook2

|           |------------Subnotebook(2A)

|           |------------Subnotebook(2B)

|           |-------------------------Subnotebook(1C)

Is it now a little bit clearer to you?

Hope so... :-)

|

Hej BurgersNFries,

thanks for answering me...

I will try again to explain what I mean:

|

|-----Notebook1

|            |-------------SubNotebook(1A)

|                                     |----------------------Note1 etc.

|            |-------------SubNotebookB(1B)

|-------------SubNotebookC(1C)

|

|-----Notebook2

|            |--------------SubNotebook(2A)

|            |--------------SubNotebook(2B)

etc...

so... how can I move the SubNotebookC(1C) to become a new Home under Notebook2 like

|

|------Notebook2

|           |------------Subnotebook(2A)

|           |------------Subnotebook(2B)

|           |-------------------------Subnotebook(1C)

Is it now a little bit clearer to you?

Hope so... :-)

|

There are not (nor have there ever been) subnotebooks in Evernote.

A note exists in one notebook & one notebook only.

Notebooks can be grouped in stacks.  Stacks cannot contain stacks or notes.  They only group notebooks.

sorry, but you missunderstand me...

see screenshot out of my PC-Desktop EvernoteScreen

And your point is...???  It shows you have a stack named Fotografie.  Fotografie is not a notebook.  It is a stack.  Under that stack is a notebook (not a sub notebook) named Lightroom that has four notes.  You cannot make a sub notebook under "lightroom" b/c there are no sub-notebooks in Evernote.  Never has been.

sorry, but you missunderstand me...

see screenshot out of my PC-Desktop EvernoteScreen

And your point is...???  It shows you have a stack named Fotografie.  Fotografie is not a notebook.  It is a stack.  Under that stack is a notebook (not a sub notebook) named Lightroom that has four notes.  You cannot make a sub notebook under "lightroom" b/c there are no sub-notebooks in Evernote.  Never has been.

no, i know.... and you are right.... i used the wrong vocabular...

The task is.... how to move "lightroom" under the stack "Essen" 

in the Desktopversion of Evernote it isn´t a problem... But didn´t work under WebBeta

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Dunkit - just unfortunate that the vocabulary did not match - I pretty much understood what you meant straight away.

Maybe moderators should try to avoid confrontational responses - this is a forum not an argument.

Yes - losing stacks - or rather the lack of drag and drop functionality to manage notebooks in the UI - is a loss of functionality and a big loss.

Hi Dunkit - just unfortunate that the vocabulary did not match - I pretty much understood what you meant straight away.

Maybe moderators should try to avoid confrontational responses - this is a forum not an argument.

Yes - losing stacks - or rather the lack of drag and drop functionality to manage notebooks in the UI - is a loss of functionality and a big loss.

My comments are not confrontational or argumentative. In order to understand and explain, it's best to use accurate verbiage.

Even your response here irritates me. I have a thick skin and I am not trying to take it off topic - you replied to my point and I responded. 

This gentleman seemed to be having difficulty explaining what was - to even a Noob like me - an extremely easy point to understand. It is a big loss in functionality and I suspect frequently commented upon.

Evernote is first and foremost for organising - losing the ability in the UI to edit or add to existing note stack structures - which is almost fundamental -  is a huge loss and makes this seem like very early beta functionality. I would not have called it beta if it were my code - alpha.

Hej to all,

in the Web Beta i miss the possibility to move or rearrange a Notebook in it´s structure from "A" to "B".... How can I do this? Or isn´t it implement at this time?

Thanks for answering me...

Best

Rolf

Hello, 

Right now in the Web Client Beta we have not yet implemented the ability to: 

• Create a notebook stack 
  • Move a notebook from one stack to another

This will be available in a future release.  Or can be done by opting out of the Beta. 

You can:

• Create a note and move it to an existing notebook stack - Click the dropdown in the upper left corner toolbar while you are editing a note. 

We have never supported:

• Nested notebook stacks 

Nanphan

Thanks for the clarification - it is appreciated.

I had come back in to renew my premium membership which I had let expire and discovered the beta. I used the forums to try and get answers to some UI issues I was having.

However, given the attitude - I am not bothering to renew. Some people seem to be a bit full of themselves and not very good at communicating remotely with others. You really ought to watch who you let rank as moderators.

C

Nanphan

Thanks for the clarification - it is appreciated.

I had come back in to renew my premium membership which I had let expire and discovered the beta. I used the forums to try and get answers to some UI issues I was having.

However, given the attitude - I am not bothering to renew. Some people seem to be a bit full of themselves and not very good at communicating remotely with others. You really ought to watch who you let rank as moderators.

C

Thanks you for the feedback, Chris. If you are still a premium member, we do offer live support help via chat if you ever are in need of it and do not wish to use the forums. 

• Level 5*

Being a moderator here is not really much of an accomplishment here; it's done almost entirely based on post count: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/65693-moderation-and-member-leveling-changes-to-the-forum/. As it happens, the people who stick around that long tend to have helped a lot of other users use Evernote better, along the way (and BnF is most definitely in that category). Aside from that, we're all just Evernote users here (except for the actual Evernote employees), and the rules for posting here are here: https://discussion.evernote.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules. If you think someone has violated those rules, then your forum recourse is to report the offending post.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived