Web Beta - Start Page

pchoppin

Idea

Hi

I have been using the new Web Beta and before I make a new request, please let me say the design is elegant and functional.

My request is to have the ability to set my start page when I open Evernote.  I would like to be able to open to a specific notebook, perhaps set this to my favorite?  It seems that seitting the favorite notebook to the start page would make sense.

Thank you.

5 replies to this idea

Hello,

I have the same request.

When I open Evernote on my Android I get the last viewed note or the list of all the notes.

But on Evernote Web it always opens the page to make a new note.

I would like to be able to set it to the list of notes or the list of notebooks.

Thank you.

I concur. Most of the time I am opening Evernote to find something, not write. My default use is searching and browsing for existing notes. The new UI is geared toward writing which is like 5% of my Evernote usage.

As a workaround, we have a sort of "hidden feature" you can leverage:

Click into the notebook/note/view you'd like to see at startup. Notice how the url in the address bar changes. If you bookmark that url and use that to access the web client, your start page will be that view. The initial load experience won't be as smooth, but it's a roundabout way to get what you want.

For example, if I want my "all notes" view to show up on startup, I'll load up the web client, click on "all notes" and bookmark the resulting url (https://www.evernote.com/Home.action#ses=4&sh=2&sds=3&).

Note that this isn't officially supported and is subject to change at any time.

akhaku,

Thanks for the tip--hopefully we can continue to select default view.  Now can we add an option to hold the sidebar open?  Multiple clicks to change notebooks decreases productivity.  Remember we're talking about a browser interface and not about a phone screen, where the real estate is scarce!

...Now can we add an option to hold the sidebar open?  Multiple clicks to change notebooks decreases productivity.  Remember we're talking about a browser interface and not about a phone screen, where the real estate is scarce!

Agree 1000% The back and forth click dance to switch notebooks is driving me crazy. Plus, if the notebooks you are switching between are low in the list, there's extra scrolling to do too since it goes right back to the top of the list every time.

Archived