Scanning directly to evernote with canon scanner?

Davekr

I bought a new Canon imageCLASS MF8380Cdw multifunctional printer cum Scanner at my office recently. The main purpose is document scanning to digitize every paper documents we have in our office. We would like to store every document we scan on the cloud. Evernote seems to be the best option for that. Is there any option to automatically upload the scanned files into Evernote? Or should we upload files manually? Any suggestions will be helpful.

• Level 5*

I'm not familiar with your particular scanner, but there are pros and cons with an automatic scan/upload process:

• Pros
    • It is the fastest
    • Requires the least user interaction
  • Cons
    • The File Name (and thus the EN Note Name) are generic and provide no hint as to the actual content
    • The Created Date is usually the scan date, and you have no idea of the document date

Most of us want the Note Title and PDF Name to reflect the content of the scanned document.

And, it is really useful for the Note Created Date to be the Document Date (either the date sent that is on the document, or the date received).  Scanned date is not usually that important.

You can choose to set the document file name/ Note Title and Document date wherever in the process is best for you.

Personally, I like to do this when the document is scanned.  Before uploading to Evernote, I also prefer to OCR the document, and, if the document is sensitive, encrypt it.  Also, I usually like to annotate it prior to upload, highlighting the key points, and adding comments where appropriate.

I suggest that you do a small test with a few documents to find out what works best for you, and to make sure the process yields what you expect.

Archived