ARRGGGGH! just lost an 90 minutes worth of note taking - WHY? WHY? WHY?!

faddah

i just was typing an hour and half's worth of important business notes only to have evernote web totally act like i never logged in (i had) and LOSE THE ENTIRE NOTES I WAS PLANNING TO POST TO THE WEB SITE FOR ALL TO USE. this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in trying to use your fercacta tool so i can give information to others in my business.

ARRRGGGGHHH!!!

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?!!!

why are there absolutely NO support contacts e-mails for me to e-mail for help with this other than these STUPID community forums which will give me a bunch of non-answers and try and blame me for this LOSS OF TIME AND RESOURCES USING YOUR STUPID PRODUCT!!!

give me REAL help and GIVE IT NOW!! QUIT DODGING YOUR RESPONSIBILITY EVERNOTE!!

ANSWER ME!!

i just was typing an hour and half's worth of important business notes only to have evernote web totally act like i never logged in (i had) and LOSE THE ENTIRE NOTES I WAS PLANNING TO POST TO THE WEB SITE FOR ALL TO USE. this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE in trying to use your fercacta tool so i can give information to others in my business.

ARRRGGGGHHH!!!

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?!!!

why are there absolutely NO support contacts e-mails for me to e-mail for help with this other than these STUPID community forums which will give me a bunch of non-answers and try and blame me for this LOSS OF TIME AND RESOURCES USING YOUR STUPID PRODUCT!!!

give me REAL help and GIVE IT NOW!! QUIT DODGING YOUR RESPONSIBILITY EVERNOTE!!

ANSWER ME!!

You posted this in the web beta section. Beta is just that...if you elect to use beta software for important things, then you better get used to being upset with your software.

If you are premium, you can use chat for support. IDK chat hours, but they are probably on the support screen. IDK if they will be able to help you. Suggestion: if it's important, don't use a beta software & sync/backup often.

I had the same problem tonight.  I was using Evernote for lecture notes in my evening class, but when I opened it later to review my notes nothing was there, as if I hadn't made any notes today.  I've never had this happen to me.  Evernote usually auto saves, but I know I pressed "Done" before I shut my laptop down.  If this is a problem with the beta, then I can't accept the risk of losing 2.5 hours of notes. 

I had the same problem tonight.  I was using Evernote for lecture notes in my evening class, but when I opened it later to review my notes nothing was there, as if I hadn't made any notes today.  I've never had this happen to me.  Evernote usually auto saves, but I know I pressed "Done" before I shut my laptop down.  If this is a problem with the beta, then I can't accept the risk of losing 2.5 hours of notes.

Beta is just that...if you elect to use beta software for important things, then you better get used to being upset with your software.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*

I never use the browser for important work. Even if Evernote had the most amazing Web version I've ever seen for any app, I'd still want to work in an environment that didn't require an Internet connection to save my data. That is one headache I don't need. I've had browsers crash, web pages fail, I've hit the wrong buttons before, etc. I feel like my chances are better with installed software.

That said, I do hope the Evernote beta improves. The team has been a lot more forthcoming about future changes and things they have done to improve it with each iteration, so that is nice to see. 

Archived