Alexandros Finomenos

Step-by-step guide on how to re-organise your evernote from scratch

I don't have a Linkedin account and only use Evernote for personal home use. Thanks anyway. I do appreciate the offer, but I am not a power user.

As a thought, seems one could add a tag like !Fix to all notes and then remove it from each note when/if it gets moved (if some notebooks stay the same in the new world order).  Less disruption to current workflow during the transition.  FWIW. 

• Like 1

We can have plenty of interesting discussions right here in the forums...

Now if only we had nested tags in iOS... I'd consider a tag-based setup.

You can create a saved search and add it to shortcuts... or type it out:

Any: Tag:1 Tag:2 Tag:3...

Not as fast as Ctrl-click-click-click (on desktop) though... depends how weird and wonderful the tag names are. 

Doable is OK for me (multiple tags)... but nested tags in iOS would be a game-changer for many.

Also, the  transitional method you outlined is a good way to go from tag-based back to a notebook-based setup ;)

Either way, it's a fairly easy transition. 

You can create a saved search and add it to shortcuts... or type it out:

Any: Tag:1 Tag:2 Tag:3...

Not as fast as Ctrl-click-click-click (on desktop) though... depends how weird and wonderful the tag names are. 

Doable is OK for me (multiple tags)... but nested tags in iOS would be a game-changer for many.

Also, the  transitional method you outlined is a good way to go from tag-based back to a notebook-based setup ;)

Either way, it's a fairly easy transition. 

Hi Frank!

I was referring to multiple tag selection like the desktop. Your proposed solution is th one I am following right now.

That's a good point: "but nested tags in iOS would be a game-changer for many."

Thank you!