Application crash

tommaso

Idea

Greetings,

I use Evernote (5.6.2) every day on my MacBook Pro running 10.10.

This morning, for some reason, when I clicked on the Dock icon for it, I got a crash report and an offer to restart.  Did it.  Same results, with the offer of reporting to Evernote Central.  Did it again.  And again.  And a few more times for good measure.

Have repaired permissions as a rudimentary problem solver, but still no luck.

Icon on the Dock has now gone a generic shape and color.

Re-installed from the Mac Apps Store.   No change.

I want my green back!

Any ideas?

3 replies to this idea

Finally got it to work again by re-downloading and re-installing.  But the Mac Apps Store version does not work for me; the website download did.  Yet, the MAS screen for Purchases still says "install" as if I need to do something with that (although, to be fair, it's not the only application that has that happening).  Sounds like something that needs to be looked at.

• Level 5*

The latest version take a little time to be approved by the Mac Store,  so the most recent updates are best downloaded from Evernote.com.  My advice to your original post would have been 'uninstall and reinstall the latest version' which you seem to have done.

• Level 5*

Finally got it to work again by re-downloading and re-installing.  But the Mac Apps Store version does not work for me; the website download did.  Yet, the MAS screen for Purchases still says "install" as if I need to do something with that (although, to be fair, it's not the only application that has that happening).  Sounds like something that needs to be looked at.

Many of us long-time Evernote Mac users recommend using only the Direct Download version found at Evernote.com.

The Mac App Store version can often have significant lags in publishing the most recent version because it is waiting on Apple approval.

Having said that, I personally recommend waiting a week or more after the EN Mac is released via  Direct Download.

This is because history has shown that these updates may contain unexpected bugs that are soon exposed by users shortly after the release.  So I wait for the eager beavers to field test a new release before I update.

IMO, unless you have a compelling reason to update, wait until you are sure there are no significant bugs that affect you.

Archived