REQUEST: Filter Notes by clicking on Tag of an open Note

Evernote has become an essential tool for may daily work.

Tags are great, filtering is great too.

Sometime, I have a note opened / selected, that has been tagged with a keyword (see Screenshot... Tag = Hugo)... Then, I want to filter all my notes with the Hugo-Keyword...

I know, this is possible of course by selecting the keyword in the left handed total Tags-List. But my list becomes bigger and bigger, and it's getting more an more time consuming to find that specific Hugo-Tag in the tags list.

I would it find a very handy functionality, that if one click on the tag it self on the note page (see screenshot) to filter all notes having this Tag... Clicking on a tag of an opened note is imhomuch more efficient that finding the tag in the complete taglist.

thanks for considering the idea.

post-230528-0-87630900-1414153871_thumb.

post-230528-0-87630900-1414153871_thumb.

• Level 5*

Great idea, Tom, and in fact, EN Win already works like this.

So here is what I would propose:

1. Double-click on a Tag on a Note, and EN filters the list for that Tag.
  2. Select multiple tags on the Note, then right-click and select "Filter by Selected Tags"
  • Level 5*

Great idea, Tom, and in fact, EN Win already works like this.

So here is what I would propose:

1. Double-click on a Tag on a Note, and EN filters the list for that Tag.
  2. Select multiple tags on the Note, then right-click and select "Filter by Selected Tags"

JM, I seem to be tracking you today.

In windows if you hold the shift key and click on a tag within the current note, that tag will become the search.  Each shift and click of a tag in that note will add that tag to the search.  The context of the search is where you are when you begin (so if you are looking at a note and the context is a specific notebook, <shift><tag> will only search in that notebook).  So if you are not in All Notes context, you need to go there and then start shift clicking tags.

EDIT:  @Tom, to clarify, in your above example, which is all notes, if you were to hold the shift and click Hugo, you would get what you want.

• Level 5*

@csihilling:  I learned it years ago when I was a Windows user.  Some users complain about Evernote having a Mac bias, but this is just one more feature that has been in EN Win for a long time that has never made it to EN Mac.

• Level 5*

Yeah, there do seem to be some, I don't know the right words, so I'll try architectural overarching principles missing sometimes.  I know the OS can get in the way, but having a different desktop user experience of what appear to be key pieces of functionality for effective searching is a bit befuddling.  My version of key I suppose.

• Level 5*

Yeah, there do seem to be some, I don't know the right words, so I'll try architectural overarching principles missing sometimes.  I know the OS can get in the way, but having a different desktop user experience of what appear to be key pieces of functionality for effective searching is a bit befuddling.  My version of key I suppose.

You're not a politician are you?  That's one of the best examples of double-speak, avoiding the plain facts, that I have heard since today's political news.   :lol:

There is NOTHING in the Mac OS that would prevent Evernote from providing filtering by Tags by shift-click, or double-click or something similar on the Tags in a EN Mac note.

• Level 5*

You're not a politician are you?  That's one of the best examples of double-speak, avoiding the plain facts, that I have heard since today's political news.   :lol:

There is NOTHING in the Mac OS that would prevent Evernote from providing filtering by Tags by shift-click, or double-click or something similar on the Tags in a EN Mac note.

Not a politician, just trying to keep it polite and my snark to a minimum.  I think the befuddling provides focus to my view, not particularly double spoke.   :) .

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Yeah, in V6 you don't Shift - Left Click the tag anymore.   Now, when you hover over the tag a little right pointing triangle appears, click that to see all notes with that tag in the current context.  If you want to see all notes for the tag you need to be in All Notes context or simply change the context in the search bar after you select the tag.

Also, if you go to the right of the tags in the note and hit Shift-Left Click you will get all notes in the current context with the same tags as that note.  Same applies for adjusting context after.

Archived