Evernote for Mac 5.6.2 Released

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

16 replies to this idea

I've literally just installed this update - Evernote prompted to download and install...

I now have Evernote launched but just the menu, no application screen or database that I can see  :o

Can I relink the app to the database or do I need to reinstall?

Redownloaded and reinstalled. All now OK.

• Level 5*

@Jack:  Can you tell me if this HTML export bug has been fixed in any of the Ver 5.6 releases?

It was confirmed as a bug by Support back in April.

Support Ticket submitted today:

Ticket# 479963 - BUG: HTML Export Will NOT Open in MS Word Mac

Thanks for contacting Evernote support. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it appears that there is currently a bug causing this issue. An internal bug report has been filed with our QA Team Lead and our engineers are working on this issue and hope to have it fixed soon.

Karl G.
Evernote

I've literally just installed this update - Evernote prompted to download and install...

I now have Evernote launched but just the menu, no application screen or database that I can see  :o

Can I relink the app to the database or do I need to reinstall?

• Level 5

It crashed 5 minutes after opening. It seems to have extreme difficulty performing any search (a few minutes to look for a keyword). Is it still indexing?

Yes. Any slow behavior close to a migration is likely caused by indexing.

This client should feel like a speed demon compared to 5.5 and below.

I updated today and my notes seemed to make the migration, but the left window pane where recently used files, notebooks, etc. normally show in the desktop edition is completely black as in the photo below.  Ideas? Suggestions?  I've restarted both the app and the computer, but nothing has changed.  I'm regretting updating now!

I agree with the previous post on listing the change log differently, list the newest at the top with what was changed and previous versions below with what was changed with those.  So 5.6 would have the big list, yet 5.6.1 would have a smaller list and so would 5.6.2.  People think that 5.6.2 fixed hundreds of items ;)

I am still having trouble with inputting tags containing hyphens.  When I type the hyphen, evernote autocompletes the tag with the first matching tag instead of presenting me with possible tag choices while allowing me to continue typing the tag name.  This is extremely irritating because I have to continually delete  undesired tag completions. 

Jay

Hi

Tried the beta version had no crashes and removed it, after testing for a while, from the computer. A few days ago I installed Evernote 5.6.2 beta and installed 5.6.2 update afterwards.
5.6.2 is a great update. Especially the possibility to resize an image and the improved tables. The only problem I encounterd is that the new version only loaded a few notes. Tried to synchronize several times but no result. Loaded the former version of Evernote from the app store and assume I have to wait for the app store update.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Only a small percentage of people were using the 5.6.x release so we felt for the majority of people it made more sense to just combine everything in a single release note.  With that said, I fully understand that it doesn't make much sense for everyone who used 5.6.x. 

Thanks, it'll help.

Just one request: when you ask me to update to 5.6.1 or 5.6.2 you were advertising this with 5.6 change log. Each time I catch myself that I read the same text about speed, etc.

Please, put real info into this update notification popup, i.e.: In this release we fixed the top crashing bug in 5.6 and 5.6.1.  Nothing else was changed.

Thank you in advance :)

Archived