Typing at the bottom of a note

Socialwill

Idea

I was just working on a note today and I was typing on the last line of the note and when I got to the end the text did goto the next line however I was still typing on the bottom of the page.

Basically my question is can this be fixed in the program to always allow a little white space between the last line and the window frame when typing?  Shift the text up and give a buffer.

I wish I could describe this better, but having the text scroll up one line earlier would be a solution.

Attached is a photo showing this.  

Capture.tiff

• Like 1

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This seems to be one area where Evernote has achieved true parity across all platforms - the only options appear to be:

resize the window higher on your screen
insert blank lines to pad the text up
use a different app to create your draft then copy/ paste into the note.

This is where I would like to see Evernote improve and that is getting basic things like taking notes, formatting, and user experience down. There are lots of "quirks" that come up compaird to applications like Word or even Pages for the Mac and this was just one of them.

Take time to get the basics down and have them work the same, as best they can, across all platforms.

Hi All,

Bump. Is this still an issue in 2017? I find it very annoying when typing on the bottom of a note. While padding with new lines is an option, someone who is keyboard-shortcut savvy pressing cmd + down arrow will always land at the end of the padding, and cannot simply start typing and hit the ground running. 

+20

This is the most annoying feature of Evernote. Been using it for years, and this drives me up the wall.

DEAR EVERNOTE,

Can you please add a way to keep scrolling so that the bottom of the content is viewable at the top of the page. Think of it this way. You're sitting comfortable reading a book and instead of lifting the book up to eye level you have to lower your head to see the bottom of each page.

Please fix this!

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

I'll through my +1 into the ring, heaven forbid you write more than one screens worth of notes. It's surprisingly frustrating to have my words just disappear off the screen without any sort of buffer. Really Evernote just needs to have a 2 blank line lead. It looks like Google Docs solves this by having a page format, so you get close to the bottom of a pre-defined 8.5 x 11 and then there is a gap, and the next page so you never have text disappearing as you're typing. I'd take that as well.

+1 for me to. I do longish journal and other entries and have to continually scroll to keep from typing at the bottom of my screen and having the text pop up one line at a time, even with multiple spaces added at the end. Please fix this!

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

Could someone please move this to the feature request area so we can vote on it?

Thanks!

Seems to have been moved - in the words of Shaggy:  it wasn't me.  I did vote though...   ?  See top left of this page.

+1 Yes!!  The page should move with you when you type, like I should be able to look at the same spot on the screen and type 50 pages, sometimes I end up typing literally off the page and I can no longer see it at all

We are trying out Evernote 7.10 on our MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.5, and having the same annoying problem of no margin at the bottom of notes, which has been happening to other users for FIVE YEARS since this thread began in 2014, with Evernote apparently doing NOTHING to fix it.

We mainly want to use Evernote for to do lists. When we reach the bottom of a note page, create a square to-do icon, type our note, and press return, the next automatically generated square to-do box, and our cursor, partly or entirely disappears below the screen. The screen does not scroll. It only scrolls and shows the next to-do box when we start typing. And then, only just enough to see the line we are typing, which is at the very bottom edge of the screen. It does not make any difference whether we maximize or reduce the screen size.

As one person on this thread pointed out, one can do a work-around by padding the bottom of one's notes with blank lines. They even suggested writing the notes in other software and pasting them into Evernote. It is absurd to need to use outside software to "fix" Evernote's problem.

People and machines generally do not write or type to the very edge of a page. Evernote is the first and only app we have encountered in which pages do not have margins.

This is what Xcode (software used to create Mac Apps) call "Editor Overscroll", this is something lots of apps that work with text could benefit from. 

Might not be the biggest feature, but certainly a quality of life that I would benefit from every day.

Skjermbilde 2020-04-02 kl. 20.07.53.png