Markdown support?

Mr Mondo

Idea

A few years ago I asked evernote support about adding markdown support to the desktop clients, they said it was planned but didn't have an ETA.

Are there any plans for Markdown editing?

- If so, how can we help test and get this into production?

- If not, how can we request it?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

A few years ago I asked evernote support about adding markdown support to the desktop clients, they said it was planned but didn't have an ETA.

Are there any plans for Markdown editing?

- If so, how can we help test and get this into production?

- If not, how can we request it?

But, they did say there were plans, and they know about the request (they read these forums, so they will see yours too), so I guess they will let us help test it when a test version is ready in a future beta. I'm guessing it will never come, though. As much as I like Markdown and use it on a daily basis, it is a niche that probably won't appeal to the majority of the user base. I could be wrong. Perhaps with recent moves to standardize Markdown it will make it more appealing for Evernote developers to easily implement. Or, maybe there are some other changes out there in the user base that I don't know about.

• Level 5*

You might check out this post from markg: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/53544-using-markdown-with-evernote/

He's noted some great work arounds for using markdown with Evernote.

So have I :)

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1564

OK. Maybe I can't objectively determine whether I am great or not, but I did make a post explaining what I do, and I also provide links to great posts, so maybe I am great by association with them.

• Level 5*

Given that the OS X client is the first to be released with a complete rewrite of the editor and it doesn't support markdown, I would have thought that it is highly unlikely that any of the Evernote clients will support this in the short or medium term.

Archived