Creating/Adding Notes to a Stack on website

emilym615

Idea

I am working with Evernote on a Windows computer via the website. Trying to add a new note to an already existing stack. I can no longer find the option to "create a new note in this stack" on the website so when i make a new notebook it creates outside of the stack i want to put it in. i can't drag it to move it into the stack and the notebook or stack options do not give me the choice to move it to a stack either. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This is the web client, right?

Stacks only contain notebooks, and not notes, so having an option to add a note to an existing stack doesn't make any sense. If that option existed before (and I don't remember that it did), that would be a design error, and there's no such thing as a default notebook in a stack as far as I know.

You will need to create a new note in a notebook, which are the containers for notes.

Hello. I am having the same problem. For the life of me, I cannot add my new notebook to an existing stack. Either this feature is not working as designed or more attention is needed to make this easier for people to use. Has anyone had any success getting this to work?

I am working with Evernote on a Windows computer via the website. Trying to add a new note to an already existing stack. I can no longer find the option to "create a new note in this stack" on the website so when i make a new notebook it creates outside of the stack i want to put it in. i can't drag it to move it into the stack and the notebook or stack options do not give me the choice to move it to a stack either. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Emilym615, 

About 2 months ago we added the ability to create and remove notebooks from stacks. When looking at the notebook list, you can drag and drop notebooks in and out of stacks just like in the mac client. If you want to create a stack just drag and notebook on top of another notebook. If you would like to create a new note in an existing stack, you can also do that by going to the stack first & then creating the new note, or creating the new note & then moving it after the fact.

Nancy 

Addition to Nancys explanation:

You cannot drag a notebook from the "Recent Notebooks" section at the top of the list.

You have to find the notebook further down in the "Personal Notebooks" section - this CAN be dragged to a stack.

This took me some time to notice - I was convinced the drag'n'drop was not working as Nancy promised...  :mellow:

Kim

Archived