Web Clipper acting weird in Chrome

hnderson

I've been using EN with the web clipper since early this year.  I have Windows 7 and use Chrome.  In about the past month, clicking on the clipper icon wouldn't do anything.  I discovered that, if I remove clipper and reinstall it, it starts working again.  But that only lasts a day or two.  Then it stops again.  Today it seemed to be working until I wanted to clip a cnet article.  The first box comes up and I click Save.  The box disappears.  Nothing happens.  The article doesn't appear in EN.

It appears to be two issues.  1.  That EN web clipper stops working until I uninstall it, reinstall it, and sign back in.  Sometimes I can get it to work by reloading a page but that doesn't often work.  2.  When web clipper is working on other pages, the Cnet article doesn't work though web clipper opens until I hit Save.

Are there any fixes for these problems?

H

Can you check:

- Web Clipper version you run?

- What Chrome version are you running? For best experience run Chrome stable (currently 38)

If you have a direct link to the Cnet article that is problematic that would be very helpful. 

Other things to try:

- Make sure you have cookies allowed from Evernote. 

- Make sure you allow Javascript to run.

- If you have other extensions they can sometimes block or mess with the web clipper. (Noscript, Adblock may present problems)

I've been having issues with it as well. You can right-click to clip things, but I like to use the simplified article tool it offers and when I click the extension button I get this:

ZYqA0I7.png

Cookies are allowed. Javascript is allowed to run. I disabled adblock (I also tried disabling Instapaper after I captured this screenshot). It's running v.6.2.6; I got it from the Chrome web store.

Any ideas on how to fix? Chrome on Windows 7.

Archived