Evernote using 443 MB of storage (without any offline notes)

• Level 5*

Evernote iOS creates a temporary cache as you view Notes.  If you have viewed any large Notes and/or large attachments, EN could be storing these in cache (to make viewing quicker next time).  Unless you are running out of storage on your iOS device, I wouldn't worry about it.  EN should release this cache if the iOS demands/requests it.

But, if you really do want to remove the cache, go to Evernote > Settings > Support > Clear Cache

Evernote iOS creates a temporary cache as you view Notes.  If you have viewed any large Notes and/or large attachments, EN could be storing these in cache (to make viewing quicker next time).  Unless you are running out of storage on your iOS device, I wouldn't worry about it.  EN should release this cache if the iOS demands/requests it.

But, if you really do want to remove the cache, go to Evernote > Settings > Support > Clear Cache

I cleared the cache but the storage usage did not clear. It's still the same amount. Other ideas?

• Level 5*

At a guess:

* The cache doesn't include note headers, which Evernote needs to fetch the actual notes when it needs them

* Do you also have offline search enabled? That might chew up a bit of storage as well.

* Do you have any offline notebooks? Those won't be cleared when clearing the cache either.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived