Direct link URL to specific notes?

bikur

Idea

I decided to go with the Beta Web version of Evernote but noticed that each note no longer has its own URL associated with it. I also noticed there's a place in "Info" for each note to "Set a URL." However, I'm not sure how that is supposed to work. What do I type into "Set a URL"?

Does anyone know how to use this? I bookmark on Chrome one of my notes so I can access it quickly without having to open Evernote and then click the specific note, so it's annoying that I can no longer get a direct link. Also, whenever I open Evernote now, it defaults to creating a new note, adding another extra click I need to make each time to read my notes.

7 replies to this idea

You should be able to put any web URL in that slot. Why don't you try it and tell us what happened?

But does it have to be "evernote.com/my_URL"? It's so unspecific. I tried using evernote.com/mynote12345 which didn't work, unsurprisingly. There really should be directions on how to use that feature and what it actually does.

• Level 5*

I mean any web link, like, for example: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/xkcd-cartoonist-randall-munroe-what-if-20140902

It's not so much a feature so much as a location for the note source URL to be stored, as with, say, the web page you just captured using the web clipper, or content pasted from a web page. Of course, you can use it yourself, if you want.

I mean any web link, like, for example: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/xkcd-cartoonist-randall-munroe-what-if-20140902

It's not so much a feature so much as a location for the note source URL to be stored, as with, say, the web page you just captured using the web clipper, or content pasted from a web page. Of course, you can use it yourself, if you want.

Oh, I thought it was to set a URL at which that note can be accessed. So is there no way to get a direct link to a specific note?

I am having the same issue - I have a lot of "linked" notes - but the new beta version does not open those links when I click on them. Is there a way of linking notes, or using note links in the web beta?

It seems that bikur's question was not about linking notes together (evernote:///view/...), but about how ti use the "Set a URL..." field in the informations of a note.

Though, I have the same problem as you with the beta version. I hope the support of inter-notes links will be added in the new web interface in a near future.

Nicolas

Just so I understand: We were able to link notes. Now, in the newest version, we are unable to link notes. Looking forward to scrawling on cave walls with charred stones. Let me know when that version comes out. 

Archived