(Archived) Update on Pre?

The latest version of Evernote has become unstable again, essentially not maintaining a connection to notes, sometimes showing their contents, sometimes not; sometimes remaining logged in, sometimes not; sometimes allowing editing of notes contents, sometimes not. I'm wondering, since the Pre has now been out for a few months and Evernote has gone through a few revisions: is WebOS that much more difficult to create a stable version for? Or is Palm holding back a release that might fix some of these issues?

If an update can be provided on the Pre's Evernote client, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Our last update took well over a month to be approved, so there's a bit of a lag for anything we want to do. However, we're working hard on a new release for the latest OS update, which will include things like direct image uploading from the app (without using email).

Thanks

Our last update took well over a month to be approved, so there's a bit of a lag for anything we want to do. However, we're working hard on a new release for the latest OS update, which will include things like direct image uploading from the app (without using email).

Thanks

Personally, I'm okay with the feature list. I'm more interested in getting some stability to the app.

Hm, that's news to us. Don't think we had anything to do with it.

Darn. When I saw it, I was so excited to see a new version of Evernote. But, alas, my happiness was shortlived.

Outside of you needing to wait for Palm, any ETA on the next release?

Palm changed their APIs, for example around image uploading directly from our app without going through email. We're working on adapting our app to use these new APIs now, and will send it to them for approval as soon as we're confident with the results.

Thanks

Palm changed their APIs, for example around image uploading directly from our app without going through email. We're working on adapting our app to use these new APIs now, and will send it to them for approval as soon as we're confident with the results.

Thanks

Thanks. I seems like the two other big requests have been to filter by folder and two-way sync (so that the app can be used when there is no data connection). I know the second one is huge, but any ETA on the first one?

I don't know about any UI enhancements like that in the Pre plans for the next release. Like you say, a full synchronizing client with local searching, etc. is a huge project ... the iPhone can't do that yet, and the client's been out for 1.5 years there. But we do plan to continually improve each client.

Thanks

Archived