• Level 5*

How do I encrypt a note? google search said to highlight note, righ click and pick encrypt. Don't get that option when I do this.

Please Help.

Chris

Hi. Encryption is only available on the desktop versions (Windows and Mac). Decryption is available on the desktop and mobile versions.

• 3 years later...

I would like to encrypt a note from within the Android version.  Is there any workaround or upcoming offering that way? 

As background and justification:  I only have Evernote on my Android phone and my Chromebook.  When I need to access Evernote from a PC, I use a browser and I would rather know that there is more security on a given note as it's too easy to sign into Evernote from a web browser.

Bruce

• Level 5*

1 hour ago, brucedwilson said:

I would like to encrypt a note from within the Android version.  Is there any workaround or upcoming offering that way? 

Evernote does not offer a note encryption option.  It has a text encryption option (Mac/Win).  There's no indication of any expansion of this, but never say never.

>>I would rather know that there is more security on a given note

For my sensitive data, I use encrypted attachments; pdfs, office/iwork documents...   The encryption is done externally, not in Evernote.

>>it's too easy to sign into Evernote from a web browser.

Please explain.  It's the same account/password security.

On the phone or Chromebook, when I access Evernote, I have set it up that I'm prompted for a PIN.  On a PC, where I've previously used Evernote, it signs right in...meaning that anyone who uses that PC has access to my Evernote account.  I'm hoping to find a way to secure the PC/browser version or at least particular notes.  I think the idea of encrypting the text itself (which is what I meant to state) is a good idea.  I will explore that.

Bruce

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, brucedwilson said:

.meaning that anyone who uses that PC has access to my Evernote account.  I'm hoping to find a way to secure the PC...

Set up password access on the PC, with timeout for non-activity

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, brucedwilson said:

On a PC, where I've previously used Evernote, it signs right in...meaning that anyone who uses that PC has access to my Evernote account.

That's why Windows lets you set up separate accounts for different users. And failing that, it's why Evernote lets you sign out of your account.

• Level 5
50 minutes ago, brucedwilson said:

On a PC, where I've previously used Evernote, it signs right in...meaning that anyone who uses that PC has access to my Evernote account.

If you're using the Web interface, logging out of Evernote and clearing browser cookies ought to be some protection.

Archived