Evernote to Manage Contacts?

I work for a talk show and we manage a huge amount of guest contact information. I have experimented with other available options to manage contacts but I already use Evernote to track projects and assign tasks to our staff. The information we have for guests is basic. Name, title, a variety of contact info, area of expertise, picture, and the last time we had them on the show. Is Evernote Business or Premium capable of facilitating a large amount of our contact info in a way that's easily changed and searched?

• Level 5*

This has been discussed a lot.  Below are my thoughts some time ago, which remain the same today.

While you can use Evernote for Contact Management, I don't think it is the best tool for this.

• Evernote lacks specific Contact fields that you can specifically search on
  • EN isn't well suited to sending email, etc to your EN "contacts"
  • EN doesn't really have the facilities of dedicated Contact Managers, like Outlook
  • There is no provision to import/export "contacts" (like via CSV), so it will be a lot of manual typing to get the Contacts into or out of EN.

But if you want to see examples and suggestions of how to use EN as a Contact Manager, just Google "Evernote contact management", and you will see lots of results.

If you decide to use Evernote, you may want to test using it before you put many contacts into EN.

Archived