Web Beta Release Notes - 10/15

jhull

Idea

Hi folks,

Here's a quick rundown of features that were added to the web beta in last night's release. 

• Reminder lists are visible in note lists
    • Reminders can be viewed and marked done
    • Changing reminder dates is not yet supported
    • Drag and drop to reorder is not yet supported
    • Adding / removing reminders on a note is not yet supported
  • Share via email is now available in the share menu
  • Search result highlighting now works as expected within a note
  • Saved searches are now accessible in the search screen
  • Drag and drop of attachments onto a note is now supported
  • Bug fixes
    • sort order for notes should now be preserved
    • focused writing mode is now available from search results

We'll continue to add new functionality and fix your reported bugs each week, so check back in this forum regularly for updates.

-jamie

9 replies to this idea

Thanks!! Only two issues for me with these updates. First, I have 35 saved searches, but only 22 show in web beta. Also, when I do a search, I don't see how to save it.....there's no button or other indication and I've moused all around looking. All else works as described.

Mac 10.9.5, latest Chrome and Safari

Also, when I do a search, I don't see how to save it.....there's no button or other indication and I've moused all around looking. All else works as described.

Same for me! 

Ubuntu 14.04 and latest Chrome!

Thanks for the update!

I hope more of the big boulders get handled soon :-)

Edit:

It would be handy to have a 'Delete' button on the reminders too. Currently, the only way to delete a note is to find it in the note list and click on the delete button from there.

If the 'Delete' button was on the note itself (not the note list) it would be much easier to delete completed reminders. Maybe next to the 'Share' menu, or in a separate sub-menu for safety (to avoid accidentally clicking it).

Thanks!! Only two issues for me with these updates. First, I have 35 saved searches, but only 22 show in web beta. Also, when I do a search, I don't see how to save it.....there's no button or other indication and I've moused all around looking. All else works as described.

Mac 10.9.5, latest Chrome and Safari

Sorry about that! Saving a new search support was not in for this week -- I jumped the gun there. Will be out soon though.

Can't print notes from Web  :unsure:

I can't get a note to print correctly from the Web. I tried Safari and Chrome. Neither worked. I revert to the old version and I was able to print a note. In the beta, I appear to printing the table of notes. I switched to full screen view of the note, and this made it worse. 

I discovered a couple more issues today while composing new notes:

1. When trying to create a new note, the cursor keeps jumping to the note body when I try to edit the title.
    To reproduce:
    (1) copy a piece text as a title
    (2) create new note
    (3) click on the title to edit it and paste the text [at this point the cursor jumps to the body of the note]
    (4) click on the title again to edit it, and the cursor jumps to the body of the note again
    (5) click on the title again - then the cursor sticks and you'll be able to edit the title

2. The 'Done' button does not appear while editing the title of a new note. I have to click on the body in order to save the note.

I discovered a couple more issues today while composing new notes:

1. When trying to create a new note, the cursor keeps jumping to the note body when I try to edit the title.

To reproduce:

(1) copy a piece text as a title

(2) create new note

(3) click on the title to edit it and paste the text [at this point the cursor jumps to the body of the note]

(4) click on the title again to edit it, and the cursor jumps to the body of the note again

(5) click on the title again - then the cursor sticks and you'll be able to edit the title

2. The 'Done' button does not appear while editing the title of a new note. I have to click on the body in order to save the note.

Actually, double-clicking the title moves the focus to the body of the note. For example, if I want to select a word in the title, double-clicking on it would be the easiest method.

Archived