REQUEST: Fast Copy Note URL

Please see attached image.

It would be nice if there was a fast way to copy a note URL. If "Copy" could be added to the menu pictured above along with Edit, Clear, and View that would be perfect. Many times I want to copy the link to send it to someone else in an instant message or email and have to click the drop down arrow, click Edit, Ctrl + A, and Ctrl + C just to copy the link. Or click on the link and open it in my browser and then Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C there.

post-150966-0-75894000-1413309029_thumb.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

I'm a little lost, for a couple of reasons. I'm using the most recent version of the Windows program, and my drop down still only has Edit, Clear, and View. I exited and restarted, and still the same.

But secondly (or maybe firstly), I've always been puzzled what the point of that URL field is anyway. It seems to present the first URL that exists in a note. If I've got a note with one URL, it probably has several. How does it help to have just the first one up there so prominently? I even found one note that has several URLs in it, but the URL up in the toolbar does not exist anywhere in the note (it might have earlier in the note's editing history). Thanks for any guidance!

• Ex Employees
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I'm a little lost, for a couple of reasons. I'm using the most recent version of the Windows program, and my drop down still only has Edit, Clear, and View. I exited and restarted, and still the same.

6.2 Beta was released today. This version has it. 

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

But secondly (or maybe firstly), I've always been puzzled what the point of that URL field is anyway. I

This URL field is auto-populated with notes created using the Web Clipper. It can be used to easily for specific web sources, etc. 

• Level 5

Thanks, Austin, for the beta info. I should have thought of that.

Notes created with Web Clipper, I see, do in fact have the URLs. However, I also get URLs in the toolbar in notes that were not created with Web Clipper, but just had links pasted in. But this doesn't seem to happen consistently when pasting links or using Ctrl+K; I just tested, anyway, and couldn't make it happen. Strange. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can see anything worth reporting.

• Ex Employees

In addition to clipped notes, this field can also be populated if content is pasted from a website into a note, or if the pasted text contains a URL.  Here is some additional info regarding the source URL field. 

• Level 5
28 minutes ago, Austin G said:

In addition to clipped notes, this field can also be populated if content is pasted from a website into a note, or if the pasted text contains a URL.  Here is some additional info regarding the source URL field. 

Thanks, Austin, that clear it up completely. It's a handy feature, I agree, though with some limitations. Of course, if I want a different URL there (of several I may have in a note), I can always edit it. Good stuff!

Archived