Evernote has stopped synching

Vectorbud

Idea

Sometime in the past 2 weeks or so, my Evernote Mac app has ceased to sync with the web app. I see several files in my web browser that are not in my Mac's Evernote app. I checked the online "can't sync" help file, and none of that applies. I have made no recent changes to Evernote. It has simply stopped synching. No error messages. The Activity Log has this entry:

Version: Evernote Mac 5.6.1 (450845)
   Locale: en-US
   WebKit: 537.78.2
  WebCore: 537.78.1
Mac Model: iMac12,2
 CPU Type: Intel
CPU Count: 8
CPU Speed: 3.400000 GHz
      RAM: 16.000000 GB
     Date: 2014-10-13 15:53:40 +0000

Sync complete. No errors.

Can anybody help?

12 replies to this idea

JMichael -- Yes, I had previously read that article.

To all: Tech Support did something to the web app because they emailed me to check whether synching is now working, and suddenly it is! They told me that if it is now working that I should rebuild my Evernote database using the following instructions, which I did.

----------------------------------------------------

Save your local content:

Export any Local Notebooks; select View > Notebooks; right-click on your Local Notebooks and select Export Notes from…
Choose Evernote XML Format (.enex) and save the file to your computer
Export any unsynchronized notes
Move your existing Evernote database:

Open Evernote for Mac
Select Evernote > About Evernote
Press and hold the Option key and select Open database folder (keep this folder open)
Select Evernote > Quit Evernote from the Menu Bar
Move the “www.evernote.com" folder (this will contain one or more numerical folders that contain all Evernote accounts you've used on your Mac) from the database folder to another location, such as your desktop
Open your desktop application and login to your Evernote account. Evernote will download all of your synced notes from Evernote's servers and create a new database on your computer. Once the new database has been created, import any Local Notebooks you previously exported by selecting File > Import Notes.

----------------------------------------------------

JMichael, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'm not Premium or Business. Hopefully some other Mac user who is having this same problem will submit a support ticket.

Etronreve, thanks for confirming that this is an Evernote bug and not something that I have done. Your situation is definitely worse than mine.

• Level 5*

@Vectorbud:  

If resolving your sync issue is critical and/or urgent to you, you could always upgrade to Premium ($5) for one month.  BTW, this will also give you 4GB/month upload allowance, so if you have a lot of stuff to upload . . .  

JMichael,

Thank you. As it turns out, Evernote Tech Support read my posted message and is now working with me to resolve this. I consider this to be rather excellent support. I hope they can resolve it.

I'll report back here how it pans out.

As far as I can tell, synching for me stopped only 3 days ago, not two week like I had guessed earlier. However, synching has stopped for me in both directions, computer to server, and server to computer.

Bud

@Vectorbud:  

If resolving your sync issue is critical and/or urgent to you, you could always upgrade to Premium ($5) for one month.  BTW, this will also give you 4GB/month upload allowance, so if you have a lot of stuff to upload . . .  

I've been a Premium member for years.  Customer Service always gets back to me quickly, but they almost never have a solution. Last Spring, one rep was very honest and acknowledged that the bug was not at the top of the list and he had no idea when they would get to it.  Having the system hang up is a MAJOR bug.

I don't think I'm going to renew my Premium subscription for a program that hasn't functioned well in about two years.

JMichael,

Thank you. As it turns out, Evernote Tech Support read my posted message and is now working with me to resolve this. I consider this to be rather excellent support. I hope they can resolve it.

I'll report back here how it pans out.

As far as I can tell, synching for me stopped only 3 days ago, not two week like I had guessed earlier. However, synching has stopped for me in both directions, computer to server, and server to computer.

Bud

Did you find a solution Bud? I seem to be having a similar problem. 

I have the latest version of Evernote for Windows I just downloaded it today however my notes are not synching. However all is well on my tablet, online and my phone it is just the desktop version that has this issue. What should I do to solve this problem any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Archived