Sidebar sync date / timestamp issue?!

A couple of months ago I beefed up my usage of the Sidebar as the "working stack" of important items & projects which is extensive enough to extend "below the fold," and since then have noticed issues with syncing the correct list across the 3 computers I routinely use Evernote on (also iPad and iPhone, FWIW). Having been "sync burned" a few times in the past I've gotten pretty good about making sure only 1 computer has Evernote launched at any given time, but I still notice a lot of problems getting the Sidebar list to be "current" as in, "matching the set from the machine i last used & synced on."

The worst "encounter" came when syncing the 3rd and least often used machine -- despite not having opened Evernote in several weeks on that computer but using it daily on my work laptop (which syncs every 5 minutes and gets a manual sync before I leave work), it completely overwrote the entire Sidebar stack with an ancient list. More recently I've noticed the Sidebar getting "close" when an older version syncs up, but missing a few items that were added recently (despite having synced multiple times from the "current" machine). The next time the "current" machine gets synced, it too "loses" the new items to match the incomplete list that appeared on the older machine.

TL:DR version -- it seems like there may be some timestamping issue with the Sidebar sync preventing the cloud/stored version from knowing which version is "most current"...

• Level 5*

Hi - if I understood you correctly it seems that recent changes are being overwritten by historical ones,  which is exactly wrong.  If you're experiencing this problem I'd encourage you to complete a support request (see below).  Please let us know the outcome...

• 3 years later...

This is still an issue. I do have a Mac that I occasionally use. I synced it last night after a few months time, and my whole favorites section got messed up. Most of my favorites are gone now.

The Evernote Sync corrupts the favorites section when sync states differ too much. I think the algorithm needs to some work. But I guess, we can wait a long time, if it ever happens. 

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Infor said:

my whole favorites section got messed up. Most of my favorites are gone now.

Is this the Shortcuts section?5a73f85073212_ScreenShot2018-02-01at21_33_41.png.979c07bcfe44ef6e6623cb6d57cb77e6.png
Make you enabled shortcut syncing in Evernote > Preferences

The master copy is stored on the servers, and can be viewed using the web platform (www.evernote.com)
How does that compare to your Mac version?

16 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Is this the Shortcuts section?5a73f85073212_ScreenShot2018-02-01at21_33_41.png.979c07bcfe44ef6e6623cb6d57cb77e6.png
Make you enabled shortcut syncing in Evernote > Preferences

The master copy is stored on the servers, and can be viewed using the web platform (www.evernote.com)
How does that compare to your Mac version?

The option is checked on both Macs.

Good to know though - Maybe I should disable it on the secondary Mac.

Archived