Change print setup for printing

I want to print a few selected notes. Is there any way to adjust the page setup?

1. I don't want 1" margins. Can this be changed?
  2. I want to print the note title, but not the complete list of headers. Can I set this selection somewhere?

post-56907-0-83309800-1412797997_thumb.g

It doesn't seem like it I tried setting a new Paper size setting with margins set to zero and that still give a wide margin.  There are no options in Evernote that I can find to change either of your issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great idea, printing from the web. I gave it a shot in the beta version, and I actually can't print any notes. Seems like when I select print, the focus isn't on the note content. I end up with a blank page with header information. I am going to look in the beta forum to see if I am printing wrong. 

Ok, the new beta is worse at printing than the desktop version. I wasn't able to print the content of a note. However, if I revert to the old version, the printing is excellent. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the latest iteration of EN on the Mac has seriously messed up print margins. Like others, I do not need a huge, oversized margin around the entire note, nor do I like the addition of the gray "box" framing it. Both seem to be significant steps backward.

Thank you, gazumped, for the suggestion to print from the web interface. That gets side margins under control, but still leaves a gargantuan top margin, plus the user name printed in the top right corner (even when "Print headers" is deselected), wasting lots of printable space.

ScreenShot2014-11-12at2.03.58PM.png

Sure hope the fine folks at Evernote get this fixed soon.

• 1 month later...

The biggest disappointment is the lack of any Evernote response to this problem, and there are multiple threads talking about this problem... At least acknowledge that it is an issue, or that it is by design and won't be changing.

If it is the latter, then I will start to figure out an alternative. At this point, I'm just hoping a quick point-release will solve it in the near future.

• Level 5*

Fixes may well be in the pipeline,  but Evernote won't (usually) comment until they're released.  They also don't normally respond to any of the opinions raised here,  so silence on this issue isn't a conspiracy,  just business as usual.

• 7 months later...

Printing from the web seems to be subject to browser print settings which may not be better,  but they are different;  you could try that option.  Let us know if it works for you!

+1 for gazumped's advice to print from web.

On my Mac running Google Chrome, selecting all the content WITHIN the note and right-click "print" will give a relatively small margin -- and it prints only the content (the part that you select): no title, no username, no evernote log. This helps me a lot. I hope it helps you as well.

On my Mac running Google Chrome, selecting all the content WITHIN the note and right-click "print" will give a relatively small margin -- and it prints only the content (the part that you select): no title, no username, no evernote log. This helps me a lot. I hope it helps you as well.

I'm not a Chrome fan---too much spyware and tracking junk. Tried this in Safari, but no "Print" option appears in the right click (Control + click) menu. Drats.

Would reeeeeally love to see the problem fixed, rather than users having to continue searching for bandaids.

I'm not a Chrome fan---too much spyware and tracking junk. Tried this in Safari, but no "Print" option appears in the right click (Control + click) menu. Drats.

Would reeeeeally love to see the problem fixed, rather than users having to continue searching for bandaids.

In safari it's even easier to print. Use [File]->[Print] from the top-left menu, or COMMAND+P keyboard shortcut to print. try doing it after selecting or deselecting the content.

• 2 months later...

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed yet.. I can't change margins on mac. On Windows there is a bug where evernote prints with huge fonts, but I can change margins.. What a joke of a software. I can't believe I upgraded to Premium. Definitely not doing that again until these basic bugs get resolved. 

Archived