FrankJohnson

ios Question About The Best Approach To Handwritten Notes

Hi. I am about to buy a new iPad Air and want to set up a system where I can take handwritten notes in meetings and:

1. have them exported to Evernote

2. allow me to search through those notes from within Evernote.

I'm looking at Penultimate mainly, but have a question about syncing. I have seen something in the forums about problems with automatic syncing, but the threads were fairly old. 

Here's the issue - I want to take the handwritten notes in an iPad app while I'm not connected to wifi - but then later in the day (when I am connected to wifi) sync those notes to Evernote. And then have them be searchable in Evernote.

Is this a problem with Penultimate. I saw an earlier thread that was complaining about problems with automatic syncing when there was no wifi available - is this still a problem? And if so, is there a better handwriting app that would allow me to do what I want?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. I really appreciate it.

Frank

Hi. You can take notes on paper and photograph them if you want. Or you can take them with Penultimate. Either way will work fine. I am not aware of any problems like that with Penultimate. Give it a try and see what you think.

As for the iPad, don't buy it yet! Many rumors suggest a new version of it is coming out on October 16.