tags not getting synced

seeker101

Hi,

I have been using EN for 2 weeks. I use one acount on two computers and a few days ago I noticed that some tags were not sycronised to the second computer.

Today I checked EN in the web and discovered that while I have 29 tags on my computer I only have 26 in the web. I check tommorow if thats the number that I have on my second computer at work.

Any idea what I can do to sync all my tags.

Its a pretty central function

The response from Evernote here is BS. The issue you have is most likely the bug described in this thread:
https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/39237-tags-not-syncing-across-all-devices/

I have the same issue. Still not solved, even though known since early June. Evernote CEO claims they are fixing their problems... but not this very central thing!

Some of the manual workarounds mentioned in the thread works for me, but you need to take tag by tag and sync in-between, as the bug affects also when performing workarounds. Less problems if performing sync in-between every new tag created (!). I am still working on getting my structure fixed, essentially re-making every tag.

• Level 5*

The response from Evernote here is BS. The issue you have is most likely the bug described in this thread:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/39237-tags-not-syncing-across-all-devices/

I have the same issue. Still not solved, even though known since early June. Evernote CEO claims they are fixing their problems... but not this very central thing!

@WaldenWoods:  Thanks for sharing this thread.  It looks like a very serious sync bug to me, which has been in play since June 2013, well over a year.

@charboyd:  Could you please investigate this serious bug?  Sync is like "save", it must be 100% reliable and rock solid.

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you have local-only notebooks. Tags that originate with a local-only don't sync in my experience (probably should but as a programmer i see how thar would work).

Need to check notebook properties, the icon got removed.

Also check web has the notes you expect it to.

Seems to be a bigger problem...

I tried all the obvious steps that are in the en help section

And no the notbooks are not locall

I did fix some of the missing sync by working around like sugested in the other threat: deleting the tags that did not get synced and then putting a new tag in their place. Syncing as you go... Seems to work but takes time and takes concentration to pinpoint what is missing.

This has dampened my initial enthusiasm for EN. If the sync does not work reliable than I dont want to organise myself in that system...

Yes, it takes a lot of time and focus to delete, recreate and thereby solve the problem. However, since I completed that exercise it now seems to be working fine.

For me, the problems came after a big reorganization of my Evernote structure, performed on the Windows client, partly being connected online and partly offline. Quite naturally, I did not think the new structure through to the 100% level before starting, so during creation of the new tag structure I made many changes - renamed tags, changed the hierarchy structure of the tags, moved a lot of notes between tags and notebooks, renamed again etc. My guess is that I made too many - and too fast - changes in the structure for the sync to cope with. Sure, that is not very impressive and reliable - it should have worked - but I still believe that when performing much fewer structural changes per minute, which I will do doing normal use, it will probably work as expected.

So that's why I have not completely lost faith in Evernote. But of course, my level of trust for the application as well as the company is not the same as before this incident.

Archived