Magic or lack of effort?

This is short rant. (I know, "short" from me is shocking.)

I'm the first to admit that I suck at parsing my replies. And that no-one wants to get a degree for every new piece of software they use. But really, if you're not prepared to learn how something works, why even bother trying to use it? I've seen an awful lot of posts in the last several months where new users want instant satisfaction without making much, if any, effort to understand how the Evernote and cloud services work. It's not magic and it will require some effort on your part to successfully use it!

• Level 5*

OR, lack of even decent documentation?

Even experienced users have trouble finding documentation to answer their questions.  I guess I go back far enough to the old Mac days when it was expected that the App would be designed so that it was very intuitive -- you really didn't need a manual.

Evernote today, is far from that.  Combined with out-of-date and/or missing documentation that is hard to find, it makes Evernote a challenge to learn.

Having said that, I also agree with you that it seems some people don't want to put out any effort to learn, not even a simple Google (which will answer most questions).

Thanks for the SHORT rant.   ;)

Archived