Trash Notebook missing

Dougie Nisbet

I accidentally delete a note and tried to figure out how to get it back. It looks like it should have gone in my Trash Notebook. The problem is, I don't seem to have one.

I understand from reading other postings around the subject that I should look at my Notebook list, scroll down, and at the end I should see a trash Notebook. I have about 12 Notebooks and the last one is Skitch. There's no Trash notebook.

This is on Windows 7, newest version of Evernote. I've attached a screengrab of how my Notebook list looks. (or I thought I had, but the attachment hasn't appeared in the post).

• Level 5*

I'm seeing one in my notebook list, way down at the bottom. It's also in the notebook panel, which you get when you click on the Notebooks header in the notebook list -- the note panel will change to a panel that lists your notebooks. Trash is down at the bottom, colored a light gray.

aha, Got it, thanks.

How are you displaying your Notebook list?

If I access the list via 'Jump to Notebooks' (Shift+Alt+N) EN shows a pop-up that appears to be just Recent (some items are shown more than twice), and my Trash notebook isn't there.

However, if I configure EN to show the left panel (F10), which I don't normally have displayed as I quite like a clean minimalist layout, then the Notebooks section (with Trash at the bottom) is shown. That's the only way I can see to display the Notebook List though.

• Level 5*

I keep the left panel open, which gives me easy access to notebooks (I don't have a lot), but otherwise keep the Tags tree buttoned up. I don't use the Alt+Shift+N shortcut at all, nor the control it targets all that often. Guess that I never noticed that Trash was missing from that list. That may be by design, but I don't know for sure; Trash is a special notebook and is handled differently in a number of ways.

The notebook panel will give you a display of your notebooks as well, including Trash; click on the Notebooks header in the left panel.

Archived