(Archived) Evernote for Android 1.1B1

Philip Constantinou

Hey beta testers -

Thanks for all the feedback. We've been quiet for a bit working on the next major advancement to the Android client. You will now be able to update (using auto-update in the client) to version Evernote for Android 1.1B1, or you can access latest version at: http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta.

The BIG news is we've shed the mobile Javascript UI for browsing notes and put it all in the native app. We've still got a bunch more work to make this feature complete, but we'd love to get y'all to try it out.

Next on our list will be email notes, access to saved searches and more note details.

Please let us know what you think!

[...]The BIG news is we've shed the mobile Javascript UI for browsing notes and put it all in the native app. We've still got a bunch more work to make this feature complete, but we'd love to get y'all to try it out.

Quick test confirms: The new browsing interface looks great! Maybe, while on the path to actual note editing, you might consider adding text copying and attachment saving/sharing options to the browsing interface?

The app certainly gets more useful with each update...

/Jesper

Great update, and yes it is a lot faster, but I swear every time I do a snapshot note and then start typing in information for the title and the note section the phone will freeze and then re-boot. This particular bug doesn't seem to be affecting other type of notes (voice, text), just snapshots. Very annoying since it takes out a note taking option I really wanted.

One thing to mention: This issue was happening with the last version so I have a feeling this is happening because of some sort of interaction between Evernote and the camera app (perhaps). Just curious if anyone ran into something similar.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that the phone I have is a MyTouch 3G running Cyanogenmod 4.1.999. Which means that it's running a modified Donut ROM with root access. This should not be an issue (it has not been with ANY other application), but I felt it should be mentioned in any case.

Thanks in advance!

RenegadeScribe

Thanks for the report. I've run this version on a myTouch on Cupcake without problem. We'll try to get a phone with the new OS on it.

Perfect! If there is anything I can do to assist with you in testing it on that platform, I would be more than happy to help.

Thanks in advance!

RenegadeScribe

Thanks for the report. I've run this version on a myTouch on Cupcake without problem. We'll try to get a phone with the new OS on it.

Perfect! If there is anything I can do to assist with you in testing it on that platform, I would be more than happy to help.

Thanks in advance!

RenegadeScribe

I am running the same cupcake 1.6 build, using cyanogen 4.1.999 on a HTC Dream / G1 and can confirm that the snapshot problem does not seem to exist on this

phone. I am able to take photos and type details in without the phone rebooting.

Thanks in advance!

RenegadeScribe

I am running the same cupcake 1.6 build, using cyanogen 4.1.999 on a HTC Dream / G1 and can confirm that the snapshot problem does not seem to exist on this

phone. I am able to take photos and type details in without the phone rebooting.

Cupcake was 1.5, so if you're running 4.1.999 then that'd be donut, I believe. Mmmm, all these baked goods are making me hungry. ;)

I wonder if this might only pertain to the MyTouch. What sort of SD Card are you using, out of curiosity?

Thanks in advance!

RenegadeScribe

Cupcake was 1.5, so if you're running 4.1.999 then that'd be donut, I believe. Mmmm, all these baked goods are making me hungry. ;)

I wonder if this might only pertain to the MyTouch. What sort of SD Card are you using, out of curiosity?

Doh!

Donut I meant, its been a long day :)

I'm using a standard 2gb card which was supplied with the phone, type 2 is it?

Mike

Doh!

Donut I meant, its been a long day ;)

I'm using a standard 2gb card which was supplied with the phone, type 2 is it?

Mike

Yeah that sounds about right. I was hoping you might have been running a faster class, like Class 6, so that I could rule out the 8GB Class 4 card I was running as an issue. So it looks to be at least that there's something up with the MyTouch.

Is anyone running this on an un-rooted stock Android Donut 1.6 MyTouch 3G?

Wow nice job on the new UI to view the notes. It is looking really good and can't wait until I can make quick edits on my notes. I use a lot of list notes so to be able to add/remove lines will be great. I like the progress which is being made and will start testing out more of the features to see if I can replicate any bugs.

New to Evernote but want to use it to post notes to read on my Android phone.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way to get to the notebook list? I have a specific "TO READ" notebook that I want to see.

2) Can the app download the notes so I can view them without a connection (say on airplane)?

thx

I'm a bit behind on all of this, but what's my alternative if I need to edit a note?

I too would love to edit notes directly on my phone. Is this ability something that is still in the works, or is Evernote on a mobile intended to be read-only? (This is my first time using Evernote on a mobile, so I'm genuinely asking.)

sleepy

Archived