john rad

Fujitsu ScanSnap IX500 FAILURE

I have jut purchased the above scanner and installed Evernote basic with the intention of upgrading

I have an issue (which i see has been a problem for many users in the past) in that when i scan a document the following message appears

"Failed to start up Evernote for Mac. Make sure that the selected application is installed correctly."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Scansnap and evernote however nothing i do works 

I am running the current versions of both products and am very disappointed with the outcome of my purchase at this point.....

Can anyone give me a hand ?? please

Hi - If you installed everything correctly,  then (obviously) everything should be working.  There must be a step in the installation that hasn't worked.  Have you tried installing Evernote and then installing the ScanSnap?

Thank you for your response.

I think i have tried every combination and setup is pretty basic.

There are many on the forums that have had a similar problem but I have not been able to find an answer to this point and from reading Evernote don't appear to be very helpful

I really appreciate your kind assistance and this is the first time I have ever entered a forum

I hope we can maybe help you.  You mentioned that you installed Evernote basic - are you meaning the free version of the Evernote desktop software?  If so,  that's fine - I'm just checking there's no misunderstandings here.  I use an S1500,  which is the 'old' version of the IX500 - I have ScanSnap Manager software helping with the process - do you have the same?  Do you have different profiles to scan to Note and scan to PDF?

Hi again

I installed Evernote both from the web as a free download and from the Scan snap disc. I will upgrade to premium if I can fix this problem.

Not sure what you mean by different profiles?? Is that user name and password (apologies for my ignorance)

Basically i set it all up from the Scansnap disc I received with the scanner and i think? user name and password are the same

Thanks again

Was there any software on that CD other than the Evernote executable file?  My scanner came with something called ScanSnap Manager which includes options like 'Scan to Note' and 'Scan to PDF' - it calls these different scanning profiles.  There's a lot of help in the Fujitsu scanner knowledge base - I'd suggest a browser through there for some ideas...