2 accounts on a single iPad (and a single PC) - is this possible?

My friend and I share an iPad.

Is it possible for us each to have our own Evernote account on the one device, so that our information is kept private from one another? And if so, how would we manage the privacy - passwords, PIN codes, or...?

Similarly, could this also be done in the desktop program? (We also share a Windows computer.)

Thanks for your help!

Fast account switching isn't possible with Evernote on mobile devices. You would have to log out of one account and log into the other. 

The desktop does in fact allow fast user switching if at least one of the users is premium. When logged into the premium user's account, click their username in the toolbar and select "add another account".

That being said, ideally your windows computer would have two separate computer user accounts, so you can keep all of your data and settings completely private, including your Evernote accounts. 

• Level 5*

That being said, ideally your windows computer would have two separate computer user accounts, so you can keep all of your data and settings completely private, including your Evernote accounts. 

In the case of separate computer user accounts, does each user have to install Evernote?

Not sure about how that works on Windows. Some applications allow you to choose whether the installation is available to all users or just the one doing the installation. Whether the OP has to install it for each user, or only once, the process isn't terribly onerous. 

• Level 5*

Windows computer users can have separate accounts; last I knew, you needed to have separate email accounts to do this. You wind up with separate note databases (.exb files). Sign out of one account, sign into the other one.

Archived