mogarick

Support for triggers on Evernote IFTTT channel

Hi,

I want to use Evernote as a trigger for recipe in IFTTT but it looks that at this momento Evernote can only be used for actions.

I want to send Evernote notes tagged with specific tags to Slack but since Evernote can only be used as action this is no currently possible :(

Can anyone tell me why? I mean is this an IFTTT decission, an Evernote decission, a technical difficulty or what?

I'm aware that I may use Zappier but that means adding another integration tool and I'm not very interested in taking this path unless there's really no other better solution.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

I have the same question. I wanted to use Evernote for task management by using Evernote triggers to send notes to Google Calendar, but apparently I can't. Why no triggers? Might this change?

• Like 2

I always figured it was due to security, since our notes are private unless we share them in Evernote. But I honestly have no idea! I'd use it if it were available, for sure.

Zapier has some Evernote triggers. A few examples I've played around with in response to people's posts on this forum:

Creating an RSS feed from newly added notes (or tricking Zapier into thinking a note is new by moving it a new notebook):

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/68444-how-can-i-develop-a-word-cloud-within-evernote-folders/?p=305912

Duplicate new notes from Evernote into a cloud service (e.g., Dropbox/Box)

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/35775-deleting-account-and-removing-all-stored-data/?p=285385

Both of those examples might not be useful but they demonstrate how you can use Evernote to trigger actions in another app using Zapier. 

• Like 1

Zapier is quite expensive.  Each time it does something is called a "task."  Their free account includes 100 tasks/month - not many!  More then that and you are paying at least $25/per month.

To use Evernote as a GTD (Getting Things Done) capture tool.  I want to move some notes into a "Task" folder, then have those notes copied to a real, robust task manager like Todoist.  IFTTT won't help me, because it does not allow Evernote to be a trigger.  Zapier will, but is really expensive to the user.

• Like 1

Agree with all of this here.  I was so excited when IFTTT integrated with Evernote - I had tried to use Zapier but like others, wasn't happy with the pricing.  I prefer IFTTT, and really do not want to have to use two methods.  

I really love how Swipes can be used as a task management tool (tagging a note Swipes creates a task) but Swipes is still too limited for my needs (multiple projects, reoccuring tasks, sharing with others, etc).  Ideally, tagging a note in Evernote could create a task in Todoist with IFTTT.  

Thank you for this commentary. I've been a Premium user for years, but after reading this and other threads, I Flipped to the App Store via my iPad, and turned off auto annual subscription -- set for renewal in 2 weeks. EverNote has no viable share sheet, to push data -- not links -- to a true task app, such as OmniFocus or Todoist. My work around = IFTTT, and now that is gone. Since EverNote seems determined to trap my data by keeping it on an island, I'll act accordingly. Someone mentioned Zapiar, and I thank you. Off to explore that & other viable options now.

Evernote devs, if you're reading this, a reminder: the real and virtual streets are littered with the carcasses of once-huge companies that ultimately failed. All had at least one trait in common: hostile actions toward once loyal customers. To make this change, and without notice? Karma baby, it's a-comin'!

• Like 1