New Evernote web beta did not save my updates to the note.

injulkarnilesh

Hi,

I had been using new Evernote web beta.

Today, I was working on a note. I made a lot of changes to the note, and it was open in the browser (chrome). Then I started doing something else on my computer. After, may be half an hour, I came back to the browser and I tried to close the tag inside which I had that note opened. It showed me the "stay on this page or leave this page" popup. I clicked on Stay On the page button, then It started giving the same warning immediately and again and again. I then tried the leave page button, and same started happening.

Then I killed the tab.

But, later when I opened my note that I was working on, the changes I had made were all gone. I had been working on the note for like for an hour and very few of the initial changes were saved and most of the changes were gone.

I believe, the Evernote web browser client saves the changes automatically. But somehow the beta version didn't.

Is it the known issue or I did something wrong ?

#HorribleExperience  :(

I've been having issues with Evernote Web Beta saving notes today. It initially saved my note, but it didn't save any changes. I'd be taking noes for a half hour and nothing would be sycing. I lost one note completely and the second one I copied everything before I closed the note so I had a backup; which was needed.

In both cases it saved the note title and first few words, but nothing after that. No errors, no popups, nothing.

Using Evernote Web Beta on a Chromebook with spotty wifi.

Yesterday I was using evernote web on my Linux to make notes during my university class. It was from 2pm to 4pm (GMT-3).

All my notes were not saved and I lost all my data when I closed the tab. I was connected to the Internet during all the time I was typing the notes. Neither the title nor the body of the note was saved.

After 4:30pm (GMT-3), I created a new note and everything run good. It was successfully saved.

Was this a client or a server fault? What is the possibility of this kind of problem occur often again?

Hello, I've also experienced this issue and I guess made an ass of myself on twitter for complaining about it. I'm using Windows 8 , Google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m btw.  Here is exactly what I did both times my notes disappeared while using the the Web Beta client

1. Typed the note
  2. Continued browsing the web in another tab 
  3. Come back to the note tab and hit the browser back button. 
  4. Clicked Stay on this page , when received browser alert about unsubmitted data
  5. Clicked the 'Done' button in the top right corner. 
  6. Browser redirected back all notes page and note has vanished. 

Hope this helps the team discover the problem.  I like the  distraction free interface of the web beta client, but loosing notes is just no fun. 

• 1 month later...

Today was the first time I used Evernote beta for an all-day planning meeting.

Same thing happened to me as the first user: clicked on green "Done" button but last four hour's worth of notes have disappeared.

Is it anywhere floating in the Internet? I had a ton of notes, had uploaded 4 files, etc.

• 6 months later...

This is still an issue! Lost about 6 hours of work yesterday. Tried to replicate the error today and nothing saves in that note anymore, even though that save icon animates in the bottom corner and seems to do its job. Is there a manual save button here somewhere? I really like the beta, but I dont trust that autosave for one second anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

We're really sorry to hear about this. There should be some changes coming in shortly where we will be saving versions a little more often so that when these issues happen you can still recover your note.

Unfortunately, if you do hit a case where the client is saying it is unable to save the note, it may be because 1) there is a loss of an internet connection, or 2) there is a sync error that is being caused by another client that we are unable to recover from. We are continuing to try to identify the rare cases when #2 happens and why it happens. If this happens, what would help us address the issue is to just keeping an eye on the following: 

• Do have you a reliable internet connection?
  • Does another user have access to your notes? Are they editing it at the same time?
  • Are you editing the note on multiple clients at the same time?  Or multiple windows at the same time?
  • What other client do you use? 
  • Does the note show in your other client? 

As a workaround, if you do get the message that the note cannot be saved, the best option is to copy all & create a new note for good measure. Again we apologize that this issue is happening and will continue to investigate. 

Nancy 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived