Evernote for Mac 5.6.1 Beta

Jackolicious

Idea

• Level 5

Hey all,

We released a beta with a set of fixes for issues seen in 5.6.0. Here's what's fixed:

• Removed repeated offline alerts
  • In list view, the relevance column can now be hidden from search results
  • Resolved an issue that caused note conflicts when sharing new notes
  • Squashed bugs related to migration from the Mac App Store version

Here's the link: http://goo.gl/Yj1PJE

Thanks so much for the feedback. This release is for you!

22 replies to this idea

Jackolicious: does this make any changes to how the tab view renders?  Is it still green on gray?  If not, what is it now? thanks.  Getting this kind of information from a developer always is a predictive sign that the user experience is important to the company. Of course, I applaud in advance EN for providing this info.  Thanks again.

I seem to have a printing problem, every time I try to print something , I get a bunch of warnings that never stop : example ->

Changing the destination paper to Custom.612.28x612.28 would cause a conflict that cannot be resolved. No change will be made.

I have to "force quit" Evernote 5.6.1 Beta  on OSX to get out of this :(

Clues anyone... ?

Thnx

Frank

I'm guessing here but:

1) Try changing the default paper

Apple Menu | System Prefs | Printers and Scanners | default paper Size dropdown

2) Reset the printing system:

Apple Menus | System Prefs | Printers and Scanners | right click/Control click the printer | Reset printing system

Careful with this one, it will change any custom settings back to default.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341

We modified our paste options to be in line with Mac OS X standards. Paste and Match Style is available via the standard keyboard shortcut. We also have the Simplify Formatting option under the Format menu.

Thanks for the reply but pasted things seem different now then when we had that checkbox.  I use to get more or less plain text and pictures, now I get all kinds of other formatting.  I could use ⇧⌘V but then I loose pictures and have to copy each one.  Basically what I am looking for is just text and pictures no formatting.  This is when posting into a new blank note.  Simplify Formatting option under the Format menu is an option but it seems like I would have to do it for eveything I add in and that is why I had the check box checked on previous versions.

As a serviceable alternative I can recommend the free app FormatMatch which lets you toggle systemwide between regular copy-pasting and a mode where all formats are removed. 

Thanks for the suggestion but it removes the pictures as well as the formatting.

I seem to have a printing problem, every time I try to print something , I get a bunch of warnings that never stop : example ->

Changing the destination paper to Custom.612.28x612.28 would cause a conflict that cannot be resolved. No change will be made.

I have to "force quit" Evernote 5.6.1 Beta  on OSX to get out of this :(

Clues anyone... ?

Thnx

Frank

We modified our paste options to be in line with Mac OS X standards. Paste and Match Style is available via the standard keyboard shortcut. We also have the Simplify Formatting option under the Format menu.

Thanks for the reply but pasted things seem different now then when we had that checkbox.  I use to get more or less plain text and pictures, now I get all kinds of other formatting.  I could use ⇧⌘V but then I loose pictures and have to copy each one.  Basically what I am looking for is just text and pictures no formatting.  This is when posting into a new blank note.  Simplify Formatting option under the Format menu is an option but it seems like I would have to do it for eveything I add in and that is why I had the check box checked on previous versions.

As a serviceable alternative I can recommend the free app FormatMatch which lets you toggle systemwide between regular copy-pasting and a mode where all formats are removed. 

• Level 5*

Jack, please put this type of info/change in the Release Notes (Beta & GA).  It will save a lot of users, and you, a lot of grief.   ;) 

Additional clarity re:"standard keyboard shortcut"... it's shift+cmd+v

post-60259-0-64735300-1412609964_thumb.p

• Level 5

Any chance we will see a return of the "Paste as simplified format" (don't remember the exact name) checkbox in preferences?  I miss that, copy and paste from the web is now messy and making me not want to use EN as much.

+1

Any chance we will see a return of the "Paste as simplified format" (don't remember the exact name) checkbox in preferences?  I miss that, copy and paste from the web is now messy and making me not want to use EN as much.

@Jack - any clue as to WHY the sync progress meter was removed from the bottom left corner? Was it an oversight, or a deliberate decision? If the latter - why???  Sometimes that is the only way to determine if everything has simply hung, or if the sync is still happening. It was also very informative as to WHAT was happening (downloading, uploading, etc).

Sync is nondeterministic. Additionally, our new sync engine also sends/receives at the same time so it's not easy to report what's happening accurately. We'll look into a new way of presenting sync progress though.

@Jack - reply much appreciated - thank you.  Yes, I see your point about the two-way traffic, but how did the previous version come up with a progress bar? What about the possibility of TWO progress bars - one for upload and one for download? Or even just "activity" bars, rather than true progress bars?  At least that way we could see if things were still being up- and down-loaded, and that the program hadn't just hung, or the internet connection was playing up.

I know the spinning Sync icon stil goes around - but that doesn't really tell us anything - I've had several occasions where the internet connection has been either dodgy or dropped out (laptop), but the Sync icon still keeps on whizzing around, until I've stopped it by closing and re-opening EN.  At least with activity indicators for up and down stream, reflecting true data passage, we'd know what was happening. Put it down to my desire for reassurance....  the needy type ;)

Keep up the good work. (Ahem - configurable toolbar???)

• Level 5

Are dark mode icons for Yosemite on the way? It's apparently an easy fix--only a few lines of code.

On the way. I can assure you it's not an easy fix though :)

@Jack - any clue as to WHY the sync progress meter was removed from the bottom left corner? Was it an oversight, or a deliberate decision? If the latter - why???  Sometimes that is the only way to determine if everything has simply hung, or if the sync is still happening. It was also very informative as to WHAT was happening (downloading, uploading, etc).

Sync is nondeterministic. Additionally, our new sync engine also sends/receives at the same time so it's not easy to report what's happening accurately. We'll look into a new way of presenting sync progress though.

We lost the ability to customize the toolbar ages ago - still much lamented - but now we seem to have lost the sync progress meter.

And I'm bamboozled as to WHY things get removed for no apparent reason!

Hopefully, this will be restored in 5.6.1 - yes?

Archived