Strange Font Behavior In "Find Within Note"

jlforrest

Let's say I start Evernote 5.6.4.4632 (272632) on Windows 7, fully patched. I type Cntl-f to be able to enter a search string. I enter the string I'm looking for in the box at the bottom on the screen. This works fine, and I close the box by clicking on the 'x' at the left hand side of the box.

I then click Cntl-F again to search for another string. I see the string I searched for before, but it's in a completely different font - one that looks quite ugly. Plus, my cursor is positioned at the front of the string. To search for a new string, I have to move the cursor to the end of the string and remove the previous search text in the window. When I do this, and enter the new string, the string is displayed in the nice font that was used before when I entered the search the first time.

There are 3 things that should change:

1) The font in the search window should always be the same.
2) The cursor should be positioned at the end of the previous search string.
3) There should be a single control sequence to clear the search window

Cordially,

Jon Forrest

P.S. I reported this to Evernote as a bug but they blew me off saying to post it here. I don't understand why.

"As for EN support, could it be they've refused to create a ticket because you're not a Premium user?"

I hope this isn't true. I was reporting a bug, not requesting a new feature. I could see how they could prioritize fixing this bug lower because I'm not a Premium user, but to blow me off entirely doesn't make sense.

I did try searching for other reports of this problem but I didn't find one. I must have not given the right search string. It's good (and bad) to hear other people have the same problem.

Jon Forrest

"As for EN support, could it be they've refused to create a ticket because you're not a Premium user?"

I hope this isn't true. I was reporting a bug, not requesting a new feature. I could see how they could prioritize fixing this bug lower because I'm not a Premium user, but to blow me off entirely doesn't make sense.

I agree, but from comments on the forum it seems the EN will not open support requests from non-premium users at all any more.

• Level 5*

I did try searching for other reports of this problem but I didn't find one. I must have not given the right search string. It's good (and bad) to hear other people have the same problem.

Jon Forrest

It is true -- Evernote does not guarantee a response to tickets from Free Account users.

See my post above (#3) to see other reports of your problem.

• Level 5

There are 3 things that should change:

1) The font in the search window should always be the same.

2) The cursor should be positioned at the end of the previous search string.

3) There should be a single control sequence to clear the search window

1 - Yes, see above.

2 - I think it's better if we auto-select the text, similar to Chrome's handling of Ctrl+F (and I made that fix today, so it will be in the next update).

3 - The delete key, once you have the update that fixes #2. :-)

Archived