Paul Andreas

android HUGE font when pasting from other apps on Android

I have a strange problem. On my android phone (Sony Xperia Z2), whenever I paste text from other apps into Evernote and save the note, several times it happens that the font suddenly is becoming huge. There is only room for 4 characters on each line, and naturally this makes a longer text impossible to read.

Have anyone seen this problem before? If so, is there a fix?

I have the newest version for android.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Thanks, I'll try a reinstall and see if that fixes things. It tends to do that. :)

But I must say it's weird that there is no way to change the font size in the app, would guess that's not a huge addition to the code.

I'll keep you posted if this works.

Paul

Hmmn.  Try checking on the web or desktop versions of Evernote.  Do your notes still look inflated?  If not,  try Settings > General and clear your Android cache (sync first).  If the text is still big,  it may be the code on the page/ content you copied - can you 'simplify / remove formatting' on the desktop and re-sync?

Thank you for your suggestion, @gazumped. 

It usually happens when I try copying text from either a Word document or a PDF on my phone.

When I open the note in the desktop version of Evernote, the text is in size 96, so yes, still inflated :)

A solution would be to just use my desktop application of Evernote, but when I'm at school or travelling, I use my mobile phone.

Paul.

If you're OK with plain text,  try Simplify (or Remove) Formatting

Don't think that's possible in Android - it would have to be the desktop.