Move Notebook Shortcut Question [mac]

sheclimber

Idea

When I use the keyboard shortcut to move a note to a different notebook on the mac osx client, after that note moves there is no note selected and I have to go back to my mouse to select the next note in line. Is there a way to avoid this and have the next note in line be automatically selected? Or is there a keyboard shortcut to select the first note? (Otherwise it sort of defeats the point of the keyboard shortcut in the first place if I have to go back to my mouse.)

I could be wrong, but I don't remember it always being this way. I used to use keyboard shortcuts all the time when processing my inbox and don't remember running into this particular frustration.

Thanks!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Are you moving all these notes to the same notebook?  Or are they moving to several different ones?  If you select multiple notes you should be able to use 'move notes to another notebook'.  If you have to select each one individually,  would initial tags work?  You could then search on each tag,  sort by tags and batch move.

Sorry I didn't explain clearly, and I'm also realizing this issue isn't just with shortcuts (I've been away from EN for a bit and am getting back in).

I'm able to move notebooks, with shortcuts or the mouse - that's not the issue.

The problem is that after I do so, the next note in line is not selected, so I have to click on it.

This is true even if I just delete a note - it used to work that the next note in line would automatically be selected, so I could delete, delete, delete and would have deleted the 3 top notes in whatever notebook I'm in. Now I have to delete, click, delete, click, delete to delete 3 notes.

Is this a bug? Because I'm really hoping it's not an intended new feature. It entirely nullifies the efficiency of using the keyboard for note management.

Or maybe it's a setting, is there something I need to turn on for the top note in a view to be automatically selected?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

I'm not a Mac user,  so someone more knowledgeable might step in here,  but on the Windows platform deleting a note -and come to that scrolling- has always involved screen jumps.  The work around I use is to select the notes to delete and hit the delete key.

Archived